Beta Testers wanted

Gibbo

Featured Posts

I've asked for permission to post this request on this forum as it's directly commercial (but with some serious benefits for anyone who wants to get involved) but, 11 days later, have had no reply so I'll risk it anyway. If I get my legs slapped, so be it.

If any boaters are interested in taking part in a beta test of some new equipment please contact me via PM or email.

Basically you will be required to do quite a bit of work to the heavy duty side of your electrical system, remove any exisiting split charge systems, remove your battery isolators, replace the whole lot with something completely new and report back with problems, suggestions for improvements etc. You will need to be quite "au fait" with electrical systems in general, capable of carrying out the modification work yourself (to a high standard) and have a laptop PC (Windows XP or Vista) with a serial port or with a USB port and serial converter. In return you get the keep the equipment (quite a substantial value) at the end of the test.

<sits back and waits for the reprimand>

Gibbo

Edited by Gibbo

You know that I can break anything electrical........

After all its part of my job!

Yeah I had you in mind. PM or email me. And you Stuart.

I'm getting a good list together of a mixture of different installations.

Gibbo

does it come with a 13 amp moulded plug :lol:

:lol:

No it comes with a total of 48 individual connections plus 3 serial ports for connection to other stuff on a total of 6 connectors plus Windows PC software and a communications cable.

I used to have an electronics shop and once got asked for a 13 amp plug to scart lead. So I made him one.

Gibbo

:lol:

No it comes with a total of 48 individual connections plus 3 serial ports for connection to other stuff on a total of 6 connectors plus Windows PC software and a communications cable.

I used to have an electronics shop and once got asked for a 13 amp plug to scart lead. So I made him one.

Gibbo

bet his video was bright for a millisecond :lol:

I'm up for this - although I suspect my system won't be what you're looking for.

Currently my electrical system is a starter battery connected (without isolator or fuse... eep!) to the starter motor; and four leisure batteries sat next to it in shiny new battery boxes.

I'm about to wire it up properly, so it would be dead easy to do what you want instead.

In terms of usage - I'm not living on that boat at the moment so there's basically no load.

It depends on how long you're wanting to run your beta program for. Over the course of the next year, I'll be re-wiring (actually, the 12V wiring is sound, but the 240V domestic unit the cables are rammed into isn't fit for purpose), installing a 240V system with an ~40 amp multi-stage charger, ~400W of solar panels, a suitable controller to go with it, a 1500W MSW inverter and a generator.

Also, probably, another four domestic batteries.

Once the electrical system is installed, I'll be using it during the rest of the fitout.

Cheers,

Berty

Hi Gibbo,

I've not had any message from you, but I'm happy with this post. It's not advertising, it's about product development, however please ensure that the specifics are kept in private,

Many thanks,

Jon

Hi Gibbo,

I've not had any message from you, but I'm happy with this post. It's not advertising, it's about product development, however please ensure that the specifics are kept in private,

Many thanks,

Jon

Cheers Jon. The PM is still sat in my "sent" box!

Anyway I'm keeping everything in PMs. I just needed a way to alert people.

Thanks again.

Gibbo

I'd love to have a go but, I fear, my need to retain some of the old lifeboat electrickery will prove incompatible.

I'm already having problems. Combining modern electronics with 1930's gear doesn't always work.

Luckily I've got 2 engines and 4 alternators so I'm dismantling the lot and, eventually, going to run two completely separate systems.

I dont if I would be much use Gibbo, now we have sorted the confused Adverc/Smartbank problem out ( dodgy earth)

But I have access to all other stuff and am prepared to change wiring on Baldock as necessary

Chris