Fame at last!

carlt

Featured Posts

Front page of Narrow Minded World!

Clicky

My response:

"I am the owner of the two wooden narrowboats on your front page .

I have no intention of airing my private business on your bigotted little blog but, if you could pass on my email address, I would be happy to discuss the plans for these two boats with Mr Fox.

Alternatively Mr Fox could read all about Usk and Lucy on Canal World Discussion Forum. A canal website with a slightly less Daily Mail bias and eminently more entertaining than your sordid little rag."

Front page of Narrow Minded World!

Clicky

My response:

"I am the owner of the two wooden narrowboats on your front page .

I have no intention of airing my private business on your bigotted little blog but, if you could pass on my email address, I would be happy to discuss the plans for these two boats with Mr Fox.

Alternatively Mr Fox could read all about Usk and Lucy on Canal World Discussion Forum. A canal website with a slightly less Daily Mail bias and eminently more entertaining than your sordid little rag."

Fame indeed: if you've upset NBW you must be one of the good guys! :lol:

I wouldn't have known the picture was of your boats. And given the efforts you have made the comments are ignorant prejudice (and now out of date ignorant prejudice at that!)

When I see boats in this condition, my thoughts tend to be to marvel that at least some historic boats have survived, and to ay a silent prayer that someone will be able to revive them and keep them going. NBW wants a theme park: I don't

Still, looking on the positive side at least it looks Usk is still floating!

You mean lucy isn't: I thought she was just fully loaded :lol:

Oooh!!

Promise you'll publish any replies (removing the really personal bits, of course).

The last time NBW mentioned me (or the boats) a strongly worded (and lengthier) email was fired of.

Tom didn't feel I was worth a reply.

Not owning a boat but reading widely on the forum and in bloggs i fell i am better informed than them.They cannot be seriously interested in the inland waterways .Can they? I wounder if they Know there pointy bit from their Blunt end?

Must just be me, all I can see on the front page is a marina at sunset, and the news about the Stroud bridge is only a few lines on editorial.

Not really looked around NMW site before, won't be doing again. Found the image commented on a few weeks ago, of Canal Street in Manchester, I've seen insects with more wit!

Must just be me, all I can see on the front page is a marina at sunset, and the news about the Stroud bridge is only a few lines on editorial.

That's what I get, when I use AOL (I use Firefox, usually). It's not been updated, yet.

I've just checked IE, and that is fine.

I thought I recognised those 'boats'. Perhaps Mr Fox would like to shove his retarded opinions up his 'arse'.

The canal seems to becomeing more of a dumping ground for keeping these types occupied, and indeed employed every day. I assume we will all be cannonised for putting up with it.

Oh bloody hell no not another NBW crusade! Just exactly how many of these do they have going??

Looking back at Mr Fox's photographic contributions he appears to favour "interesting" boats, taking up valuable mooring space.

I suspect he is a continuous moorer who resents not being able to take over the moorings of other boats.

(this is a completely unsubstantiated slur on his character, of course. He will no doubt applaud such comments.)

I thought I recognised those 'boats'. Perhaps Mr Fox would like to shove his retarded opinions up his 'arse'.

That is a pretty impressive pile of 'accessories' though.

Am I getting confused or was there a notorious Mr Fox who used to operate on the Puddle banks?

Tony :lol:

Am I getting confused or was there a notorious Mr Fox who used to operate on the Puddle banks?

Tony :lol:

You make him sound like a Victorian sawbones.

It just gets better!

Hi,

Just as a matter of interest, how long have the boats been moored up and the salvaged goods on the bank?

Albi

Why?

Hi,

I'm interested and it's a reasonable question.

Albi

The fact that you are interested doesn't necessarily make it a reasonable question.

Given that it's Carl's stuff, I reckon that his request for information about exactly why you want to know is an even more reasonable question.