4 Mad Aussie's on the cut

harleyj

Featured Posts

Well after much planning and anticipation we four Aussie's will be boarding NB "Much Ado" on the 11/04/08 and hope to get a wave or a chat from you mob on our voyage. We are leaving from Barton Turns and intend to do the Four Counties Ring clockwise over a 2 week trip. Will probably fly an Australian flag so will stick out like doggy things. Looking forward to drinking some of that warm muck you mob call beer(just joking, but it would be better if you could just afford some sort of refridgeration). Can you also turn the sun on for us, although seeing clouds for the first time in months will be an experience.

See you all soon

I am sure you will have a really enjoyable time. Virtual wave from me.

As I will be away I am arranging a little welcome for you - in most of the pubs you will visit, I am asking the landlord to put an imitation set of cricket wickets on the bar, as a tribute to the Aussie domination of the sport. Drawn to them, and after realising that they have been adapted to dispense cask-conditioned real ale, you will doubtless return home with a new appreciation of what makes a good pint.

I find it heartwarming that so many good people of refined taste from around the globe share our appreciation of the canal network and the way it gives a unique insight to the British countries.

Well after much planning and anticipation we four Aussie's will be boarding NB "Much Ado" on the 11/04/08 and hope to get a wave or a chat from you mob on our voyage. We are leaving from Barton Turns and intend to do the Four Counties Ring clockwise over a 2 week trip. Will probably fly an Australian flag so will stick out like doggy things. Looking forward to drinking some of that warm muck you mob call beer(just joking, but it would be better if you could just afford some sort of refridgeration). Can you also turn the sun on for us, although seeing clouds for the first time in months will be an experience.

See you all soon

You can have cold beer. Just take it and stand outside for a few minutes. One beer to look out for is Black Sheep; they have re-marketed it for Aussies as Black Sheep Dip. Tastes like to overflow from a joey's jockstrap - but then you're used to that.

One tip - if you insist on telling people that that sun shines 364 days a year in W.A. you'll probably get lamped.

Enjoy.

Hi

We are doing the Four Counties anticlockwise finishing the day before you start.

We have rented an extra week, and will be on King Lear, for two whole weeks. We decided to do the Ring anti clockwise so all the hardwork is done in the first week the second will be more leisurely.

Canal World stickers are ready for their first outing, if anyone sees us please say Hello and wave.

We wont be around to see you guys, hope you have a good trip.

Ann

You can have cold beer. Just take it and stand outside for a few minutes. One beer to look out for is Black Sheep; they have re-marketed it for Aussies as Black Sheep Dip. Tastes like to overflow from a joey's jockstrap - but then you're used to that.One tip - if you insist on telling people that that sun shines 364 days a year in W.A. you'll probably get lamped.Enjoy.
Having just had one of the hottest summers for ages a bit of cloud cover will be much appreciated as will be the beer except the Black Sheep which I have tasted and it does remind me very much of the afor mentioned joey's jockstrap, which was at least cold.
And you may also endear yourselves better to the locals if you all stop responding to everything that's said with the expression "Aawww yeeahh?" ;)
Aawww yeeahh we will have to just say g'day and see ya mate

And you may also endear yourselves better to the locals if you all stop responding to everything that's said with the expression "Aawww yeeahh?" :D

And those dreadfully naff Shell Suits in Green and Gold and always flying the Union Flag .

Cant these colonial types design a flag of their own ? ;)

I am sure you will have a really enjoyable time. Virtual wave from me.

As I will be away I am arranging a little welcome for you - in most of the pubs you will visit, I am asking the landlord to put an imitation set of cricket wickets on the bar, as a tribute to the Aussie domination of the sport. Drawn to them, and after realising that they have been adapted to dispense cask-conditioned real ale, you will doubtless return home with a new appreciation of what makes a good pint.

I find it heartwarming that so many good people of refined taste from around the globe share our appreciation of the canal network and the way it gives a unique insight to the British countries.

Thats all we bloody need ;)

Most of the pubs serve that dreaded Fosters on tap :huh:

That c**p came from Victoria originally but is now owned by the Chinese and as a patriotic West Aussie never drink the rubbish anyway. If you are ever in the West visit a little craft brewery in my home town Allanson called "Brew 42" and you will be very impressed by their superb range of beers of which I have been heavily involved in research and development from day one.

Have tried Old Peculiar and it is not bad

Edited by harleyj

If you are ever in the West visit a little craft brewery in my home town Allanson called "Brew 42"

Moley, isn't this an answer to no. 40 in your quiz!

David

Edited by Bullfrog

OK you mob whats with the weather forecast, isn't it supposed to be spring over there. I think I may leave the shorts and sunscreen lotion at home when we leave for blighty tomorrow.

Stuff the weather , can'y wait.

Don't forget to give us a wave, we will be the idiots without jumpers.

OK you mob whats with the weather forecast, isn't it supposed to be spring over there. I think I may leave the shorts and sunscreen lotion at home when we leave for blighty tomorrow.

Stuff the weather , can'y wait.

Don't forget to give us a wave, we will be the idiots without jumpers.

Have fun......... been plenty of snow about today and its forecast to be quite cold this week!

please do not pack shorts!

If ya say G'day to me Bruce I'll lamp ya cos my name's Sheila :D

Rigwelter and Old Peculiar a couple of ales to look out for. Same brewery as Black Sheep but a better brew by far.

Enjoy :)

Oh yes !! Also, Marstons Owd Roger, if you're lucky enough to find any.

Mike.