Banstead for sale

carlt

Featured Posts

Anyone want a big Woolwich?

clicky

Yes, I want one more than anything*. I fancied Hawkesbury actually (but that's just cos my name's Hale).

Funny the more they need (un)doing to them, the dearer they are...

Maybe one day...

*anything buyable, that is.

Edited by WarriorWoman

Interesting - this boat has been offered for sale intermittently over the last three years! Is this because it hasn't sold in the first place or because successive owners quickly decide to get rid of it?

A fellow shareholder in Fulbourne reckon Banstead was for sale previosly but with a butty for 75 grand.!

Tim

A fellow shareholder in Fulbourne reckon Banstead was for sale previosly but with a butty for 75 grand.!Tim

It used to belong to forum member HughC. The butty was the Little Woolwich, Meteor. In recent years (the last 5) the pair operated as campers for a season or two, based at Langley Mll. One of the last camping pairs available for hire.

Banstead was rebottomed and refooted at Boot Wharf, Nuneaton and modified to the current A frame/steel gunnels configuration about 5 - 7 years ago by 'Harry the Stretcher'.

I believe Hugh has now returned to his first love of wooden boats and is/has been restoring/replicating the motor narrow boat, 'Judith Anne' at Jem Bates boatyard, Puttenham.

still enjoy watching Harry H at the helm

Did anyone else notice they worked up Marsworth (Leg of Mutton) locks when heading for Birmingham.....And that the rumpy-pumpy with the second? girl lasted from Winkwell swingbridge to the top of Stoke Hammond Three. I wish I had the stamina, :P

And the ability to work a pair that far single handed.....Artistic licence is a wonderful thing.... :wub:

Edited by Hairy-Neil

Yes we did restore Banstead, with Harry's help. We sold it as a fully equipped camper when the cost of insurance made running campers totally un-economic. Community boats are generally subsidised by various bodies which to my mind is a good way of getting the public purse to pay for your boating. Judith Ann is progressing slowly, the recent discussion over Usk has started me thinking about a possible trust. Regards, HughC

Edited by hughc