Puffer Parts - Iain Sutherland L & L Riddlesden

Featured Posts

HI,

I am Iain's daughter. I have noticed on a number of posts across the mentioning of my dad Iain. I know across the years and none so recent.

It is lovely coming across these posts and even seeing my dads posts

I can confirm he and Elaine, Did sell the business to retire and enjoy life.

My dad with us as a family had been around canals since 1981, so lots and lots of memories made

Unfortunately in June 2016 my dad was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus he passed away in the October that year.  He fought the cancer as much as he could but could not survive it.

Thank you for reading 

Fiona

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Fiona Highcock said:

HI,

I am Iain's daughter. I have noticed on a number of posts across the mentioning of my dad Iain. I know across the years and none so recent.

It is lovely coming across these posts and even seeing my dads posts

I can confirm he and Elaine, Did sell the business to retire and enjoy life.

My dad with us as a family had been around canals since 1981, so lots and lots of memories made

Unfortunately in June 2016 my dad was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus he passed away in the October that year.  He fought the cancer as much as he could but could not survive it.

Thank you for reading 

Fiona

Sad news. He ran the best chandlery and was always helpful. I fitted a new shell out utilising stuff from him and lots of equipment for other boats over the years.

• Happy 1

5 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Sorry to hear of his passing, Iain supplied me with many parts for my boat when I was fitting it out so got to know him well.

I remember Iain having trouble getting paid for parts he had supplied to a boatyard in Wigan, with the boatyard owner always making excuses for not paying him by claiming cash flow problems.

Iain & I hatched a plan whereby he would go into the office and ask for his money (knowing that the same old excuse would be proffered). I would time my entrance to the office a minute or two later handing over my mooring fees - in cash.  The guys face was a picture! 😆

Iain got his money!!!

That has truly made me smile, I sent a few chase letters for him on occasion. As I work accounts. 

But I can truly picture this 🤣

Thank you so much

22 hours ago, Fiona Highcock said:

That has truly made me smile, I sent a few chase letters for him on occasion. As I work accounts. 

But I can truly picture this 🤣

Thank you so much

My dad used to supply food to Harrods restaurant.  His firm used to deliver daily but he often used to refuse orders from them because they were notoriously slow in paying their bill