Boat Safety Certificate

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, MrsM said:

I have often wondered how some of the extremely poor condition boats manage. There are a couple on CRT online moorings near me that look like they couldn't possibly pass a BSS. How do they get licenced? 

How do you know they are licenced?

On 10/04/2024 at 00:06, MtB said:

How do you know they are licenced?

I don't. But I'm assuming they must be as dems da rools. To add: I appreciate a boat doesn't need to look smart to pass a boat safety inspection but I'm sure we've all seen the sorts of boats I'm referring to. 

4 minutes ago, MrsM said:

I don't. But I'm assuming they must be as dems da rools. To add: I appreciate a boat doesn't need to look smart to pass a boat safety inspection but I'm sure we've all seen the sorts of boats I'm referring to. 

What do you think about this one ?

Meet the man who has 25 years to pull his PIANO on a BOAT from Liverpool to London

A FORMER university lecturer has been pulling his own boat along the Leeds-Liverpool Canal for the past five years as part of an epic journey to reach London by the year 2037.

See the source image

The craft is made of items including wooden planks, freezer doors, disused drawers and is kept afloat by a dozen 55-gallon industry standard blue plastic barrels.

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

What do you think about this one ?

Meet the man who has 25 years to pull his PIANO on a BOAT from Liverpool to London

A FORMER university lecturer has been pulling his own boat along the Leeds-Liverpool Canal for the past five years as part of an epic journey to reach London by the year 2037.

See the source image

The craft is made of items including wooden planks, freezer doors, disused drawers and is kept afloat by a dozen 55-gallon industry standard blue plastic barrels.

Yes that's a beauty! And I guess has insurance and a boat safety cert. What a character - good on him. And a proper CCer too 😄

1 minute ago, MrsM said:

Yes that's a beauty! And I guess has insurance and a boat safety cert. What a character - good on him. And a proper CCer too 😄

He does.  A trading licence last time I spoke to him.

We do like Ben.  He's nuts, but in a good way!

He wanted to CC more than CRT would let him.  Taking an unpowered raft like that through River Lock onto the River Aire was firmly stopped by CRT.  

I'm guessing he wasn't aware of the weirs on the river...

• Happy 1