Gas oven & grill

Andyaero

Featured Posts

We are looking to have a full size, as in house size, gas cooker and grill on our new build.

Seems 99% of full size (non Thetford) ovens, contain an electric grill.

It would appear the options are very limited, that being a Belling B1702LPG, which is fine if that's all there is, just wondered if anyone knows of anything else.

Thanks

What you’ve obviously got to be careful with is the depth of a household appliance and fitting it mid to ceiling height to the side, you could restrict the ease of access and movement if what you have on the opposite side is the same depth height.
On a Narrowboat this could make the walkway narrow, which is the compromise with not having smaller appliances, if that makes sense.

Maybe speak to your builder to what will work and what will not???

I take it your going to have something like this? I don’t know if this is a household or smaller design.

2B54A937-09D8-48AA-8288-49D785EA908D.jpeg.5c2224a0861431c8cb37f41373b83cd9.jpeg

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

6 hours ago, David Mack said:

We just fitted one of these on Fulbourne.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2209658

Fitted with jets for natural gas, but comes with jets for lpg.

The igniter needs 240Vac so either you need an inverter or a separate gas lighter.

He’s after something like in the photo and not free standing.

Posted (edited)

Problem with the above photo is household full width ovens won't fit in that location, due to their depth and curvature of the boat.

We plan on this position, which will enable a wider and deeper oven.

DSC_3299-e1524662485953-576x1024.jpg

Edited by Andyaero
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Andyaero said:

Maybe I should have added, we have a separate 3 ring gas hob, so the oven grill is one of the eye level jobbies, not a freestanding one.

So it appears you're not looking for a "gas cooker" as your first post says, but a separate "gas oven". The terminology is important when looking for an appliance. 

The term "cooker" is used in the appliance business to mean a single, all-in-one appliance comprising a hob, oven and grill. The term "oven" denotes an oven or oven/grill as a (usually) built-in appliance with no hob. 

Also, the term "hotplate" is often used instead of "hob". 

2 minutes ago, Andyaero said:

Correct, as I posted in the 3rd post on this thread.

I thought a post clarifying the terminology might be helpful, but it has clearly gone straight over your head. 

29 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

@Andyaero what you having Cruiser stern, reverse layout, galley to rear?

Yes

35 minutes ago, MtB said:

I thought a post clarifying the terminology might be helpful, but it has clearly gone straight over your head. 

I have spent a huge amount of time researching on this forum and there's a lot of useful stuff, but there's also a lot of nit picking pedantry, and condescension to the apparently unwanted noobs, that has to be waded through.

Your post didn't go over my head, thanks for your help, I thought I had highlighted my own shortcoming in post 3 and clarified it, apparently not sufficiently, again thanks for your extra clarification.

• Greenie 2
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Andyaero said:

Yes

I have spent a huge amount of time researching on this forum and there's a lot of useful stuff, but there's also a lot of nit picking pedantry, and condescension to the apparently unwanted noobs, that has to be waded through.

Your post didn't go over my head, thanks for your help, I thought I had highlighted my own shortcoming in post 3 and clarified it, apparently not sufficiently, again thanks for your extra clarification.

^^^^^^^^^

and many po8ntless posts, lol

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

Well I responded to your first post, then got my head snapped off for not having reflected your later post. Makes me wonder why I bothered really!

You never got your head snapped off, I just said he was after an oven/grill not a free standing cooker😂

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, David Mack said:

Well I responded to your first post, then got my head snapped off for not having reflected your later post. Makes me wonder why I bothered really!

And got mine snapped of similarly!

If the OP thinks my post explaining the terminology is pure pedantry, then he can crack on by himself. 

🤣🤣🤣 OK, I've done car forums, football forums, even some Facebook groups and this is beating them all for drama.

Right, group hug, apologies to @MtB if I came on heavy, apologies on behalf of everyone else who has taken offence via a cooker/oven/hotplate/hob/all in one appliance query, sincerest apologies, can we get back to the original post? Please?

Anyone got a suitable cooking appliance other than the one I quoted?

Ta.....

• Happy 1

2 hours ago, Andyaero said:

🤣🤣🤣 OK, I've done car forums, football forums, even some Facebook groups and this is beating them all for drama.

Right, group hug, apologies to @MtB if I came on heavy, apologies on behalf of everyone else who has taken offence via a cooker/oven/hotplate/hob/all in one appliance query, sincerest apologies, can we get back to the original post? Please?

Anyone got a suitable cooking appliance other than the one I quoted?

Ta.....

Apology graciously accepted. Having had a proper search for what you want I've come up with a big fat blank too. I'm surprised and will think about it some more....

Edit to add:

Actually I'm not surprised. There have been a few safety alerts on gas grills recently where users have stupidly closed the grill door whilst grilling stuff and carbon monoxide-poisoned themselves. I would not be in the slightest bit surprised if it turns out TPTB have told manus to stop making them.

Edited by MtB

52 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Wot about an air fryer, they can be versatile, and come in different sizes.

How many bespoke new builds have you seen with an inbuilt air fryer instead of an Oven & Grill? 

Read what the OP asking about, nothing to do with an air fryer. I take it when you got your kitchen redone, you took out your oven/grill and replaced them with an air fryer then? Absolutely daft.

9 minutes ago, MtB said:

Apology graciously accepted. Having had a proper search for what you want I've come up with a big fat blank too. I'm surprised and will think about it some more....

Not much out there apart from what he put on. Only other option may be fitting LPG jets to a natural gas oven/grill, but you would have to ask yourself is it worth it??

8 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Not much out there apart from what he put on. Only other option may be fitting LPG jets to a natural gas oven/grill, but you would have to ask yourself is it worth it??

Well yes, but there still aren't any! 

I'd suggest a 240Vac electric grill is gonna cane the domestic battery bank.