Plug in systems

Rojo

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Rojo said:

Yes, thanks for that, but a modern replacement was what I had in mind as these units are now over 25years old!

In which case a Victron is about as good as you can get

I had bought the cheaper end 20A charger from Durite to replace a 20 odd year old Halfords auto charger which had been great until it died.

The Durite was replaced twice under warrantee, the last time because it spewed sparks out of the vent.

Gave up and bought a blue Victron for about twice as much and it has been fine, worth the money for peace of mind. 

3 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I had bought the cheaper end 20A charger from Durite to replace a 20 odd year old Halfords auto charger which had been great until it died.

The Durite was replaced twice under warrantee, the last time because it spewed sparks out of the vent.

Gave up and bought a blue Victron for about twice as much and it has been fine, worth the money for peace of mind. 

There's a reason Victron sell lots of gear; it's not the cheapest but it's (usually!) properly-designed and well-supported -- and if you've got various bits it's easy to get it all to work together, or add more in the future.