Engine service recommendations

Featured Posts

Hi all, we’re looking to have our engine serviced whilst we’re on the  Oxford canal. Both the chaps who have done a sterling job previously have either retired or no longer carry out engine servicing so looking for recommendations for someone who will be reliable and do a good job please. TIA

38 minutes ago, Lottiespal said:

Hi all, we’re looking to have our engine serviced whilst we’re on the  Oxford canal. Both the chaps who have done a sterling job previously have either retired or no longer carry out engine servicing so looking for recommendations for someone who will be reliable and do a good job please. TIA

That is a long canal, I doubt someone working in the Coventry area would travel to Oxford. Can you give a rough idea of your location.

Just now, Lottiespal said:

So sorry, I’d intended to type the south Oxford and, as we’re ccing, we can move to a suitable area for the work to be done. Thanks 

Thanks, sorry, but as I did all my own servicing I have no knowledge of engineers, but I was happy with the few jobs Calcutt did for me when we moored there. Minor welding, swan neck removal and blacking.

Another vote for Tooleys. If things are the same as 12 months ago Kieran worked for them and he did several jobs for me when my body gave me the same message yours is giving you. 

2 hours ago, Lottiespal said:

Thank you, I’ll have a look at them. Have you used them yourself? 

No, only I fix my boats, but Tooleys are an old established firm and well trusted locally.

I don't know if Ed Boden still includes the Southern Oxford in his patch - he certainly used to advertise that he covered it.

If he still does I would highly recommend him - he has a habit of sorting out what other engineers have missed, and prices are competitive.