Epeaver 60 amp tracer an .

Greg & Jax

Featured Posts

Hi all .

I'm looking to replace our lead acid batteries with agm batteries and after having a look at our solar charger it doesn't have the agm option only flooded sealed gel and lithium and user .

I'm quite new to the solar stuff and at a bit of a loss with this .

Any pointers would be great .

Regards Greg. 

Set the user profile up so absorption charge  is at 14.6 V and float at 13.6V.  You will need to experiment a bit with the duration of Absorption, depending on the solar output. 

N

If the new AGM batteries can handle an absorption voltage of 14.9v as shown on the specs, then I don't think you'd have any issues leaving the solar controller set to lead acid, unless the absorption phase for LA is too long for AGMs? 

I think BEngo is correct though, you'll be better off going to a manual setting.

By the way, absorption is called "Boost Charge" on the Epever.

Hi, I had agm batteries installed because I have a large number, plus not easy to access any of them.

So after four years they are still working g satisfactorily.

No technical info as the fitter did not leave any info, but there are approx six batteries in three banks, and I currently have to run engine about 7 to ten hours per week to keep them charged i have a 70amp rated alternator and 550w solar. No maintenance six months of the year.

I would not recommend having a complex system, but that is how it was designed from new.

Once upon a time there was a bow thruster and the boat was in a marina with shorepower. 

I have Epever.

Edited by LadyG