Featured Posts

Hi all!

My wife and I are looking for another one week share in a narrowboat.  I am an experienced boater.  We are retired so don't mind what dates we get (not mid-winter if possible) and we don't mind too much where the boat is.  I would prefer a trad/ semi-trad stern layout and at least 4 berths -  so something in the region of 50-60 feet?

Anyone looking for another owner?

Thanks

Tony

Just now, Alway Swilby said:

When we had a share boat through Carefree Cruising it had some 1/24th shares. One week in season and one in winter.

Even that would probably work out cheaper than hiring for a week and maybe the OP could sometimes use the second week.

13 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Even that would probably work out cheaper than hiring for a week and maybe the OP could sometimes use the second week.

Almost certainly. We had a 1/12th share (three weeks in season and one in winter) and ignoring the capatal cost, most of which we got back when we sold , it worked out about the same as one week on a hire boat. And even if they didn't use the second week someone else probably would.

• 3 weeks later...

We had a 1 week timeshare with the canalboatclub for 17 years. They do a 55ft. You choose a peak or off peak week and pay accordingly. since being managed by ABC you have a choice of marinas throughout the UK. You pay a fixed fee monthly. No unexpected expenses that you may encounter with a shared boat.

We have just handed back the timeshare because we bought one of the boats.