How do I know if my stove is multi-fuel.

truckcab79

Featured Posts

57 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Yes my fire which is about the same size except tall and narrow needs topping up with wood every hour or so. It does keep the boat toasty even with the doors open. 

I like a wood fire and fortunately this one will run okay with the door open. Problem with Boat fires is usually the glass goes black and generally they don't like door being open and smoke into the cabin so you often don't get to see the flame anyway. Some people clean the glass regularly of course. 

Its the coughing which carries you off not the coffin they carry you off in. 

The door glass going black is also caused by poor design of the stove. We had an AGA little Wenlock. Awful fire only lasted 2 years but that glass used to go black very quickly.  Replaced it with an Ekol Clarity 5 which stays alight all night unattended and the glass takes ages to go black.  Have a large Stratford stove at home with boiler heating a 3 bed house and that glass goes black very quick

2 minutes ago, Tonka said:

The door glass going black is also caused by poor design of the stove. We had an AGA little Wenlock. Awful fire only lasted 2 years but that glass used to go black very quickly.  Replaced it with an Ekol Clarity 5 which stays alight all night unattended and the glass takes ages to go black.  Have a large Stratford stove at home with boiler heating a 3 bed house and that glass goes black very quick

Yes they do vary. Some have 'airwash' and it depends on fire temperature. I put mica not glass in the porthole on my fire as don't like glass. Running slowly it soots up but if I get it hot and the secondary burn starts it tends to go clear. 

I think the stove which @truckcab79 has will tend to go black quite quickly. 

Edited by magnetman
typo and carrots

4 hours ago, magnetman said:

Yes they do vary. Some have 'airwash' and it depends on fire temperature. I put mica not glass in the porthole on my fire as don't like glass. Running slowly it soots up but if I get it hot and the secondary burn starts it tends to go clear. 

I think the stove which @truckcab79 has will tend to go black quite quickly. 

Went black on the first burn. 😂

5 hours ago, Tonka said:

The Aga version of these stoves are crap. Chinese castings etc....  fortunately I have Coalbrookdale version at home and its superb, far better than the morso squirrel IMO.  

But the glass does go black as I tend to run it on  'tickover' but as soon as you open it up rhe glass soon clears. Single door single air control nothing fancy just works..... and in my opinion gives out more heat than a morso, for stoves that are very similar in size.