Hi guys my girlfriend and me have just bought a 52ft david piper boat and we want to know which insulation to use

tyrone1990

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Lily Rose said:

Perhaps they hoped the programme might help them sell the skip boat for a better price. If so it doesn't seem to have worked too well.

The program ended with them saying it was sorted in budget or words to that effect

4 hours ago, Eeyore said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1829339870815308?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae2e70a1f-4485-4575-b349-d362f55cc9c3

Interesting standard of finish, I'm thinking of buying a blunt axe and calling myself a boat fitter.

Its certainly news to me that project boats don't need a safety certificate. 

It doesn't say you don't need one, it says it hasn't got one, I wonder if it has a CRT licence

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I'm pretty sure you need a BSS on a boat with an enclosed cabin though, even if the entire checklist is marked "Not Present"

And the correct labels on the water and diesel filler, obviously!

Less sarcastically, an enclosed cabin will need fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, CO alarms.  If there's a battery to run eg lights and water pump that will need to comply.

Add the storage of petrol for the genny 

On 14/09/2023 at 21:28, ditchcrawler said:

I am just watching two girls who are doing an old Springer on TV on floating homes. More 4 They were going to do it for £10k in 6 months

And what a state it looked, the stove seemed to be almost against the side paneling with no heat protection, wiring looked very suspect.