Energy voucher fail

Jim Wortelhock

Featured Posts

Yesterday I was happy to receive the email with my energy voucher.  Deciding to pay it into my bank account it opened my banking app, I logged in and then there was a redirection page which eventually timed out due to slow internet. 

When trying again it says that my voucher is no longer valid.

Nothing appears on my banking app almost 24 hours later and the email link is no longer valid.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do I remedy it?

1 hour ago, Jim Wortelhock said:

Yesterday I was happy to receive the email with my energy voucher.  Deciding to pay it into my bank account it opened my banking app, I logged in and then there was a redirection page which eventually timed out due to slow internet. 

When trying again it says that my voucher is no longer valid.

Nothing appears on my banking app almost 24 hours later and the email link is no longer valid.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do I remedy it?

yes mine kept timing out,

I think I was third time lucky

I had almost the exact same experience as you! I think there was an issue with the information in my bank (Santander) whereby it didn't pass the name correctly (your name on your account must match the name used for the voucher). Got an error right at the end, implying it didn't go through, and on retrying it informed me that voucher had been used.

Thankfully the next day the money appeared in my account. Happy days!

CRT sent an email out about this ...

From: Canal & River Trust [mailto:energygranthelp@canalrivertrust.org.uk]
Sent: 08 September 2023 18:00
Subject: Energy support voucher - redemption error message

e222ab91-74a5-45d9-a1b6-569bc8afb08f.png

Continuous cruisers voucher redemption error message

Hello,

Whilst many users have successfully redeemed their vouchers without any problems, we are aware that some recipients have experienced an issue when attempting to redeem their voucher via online banking, and received an error message at the end of the process.

You can re-attempt this payment by using the original link again, but if the voucher now shows as "This payment has no balance or has expired" your payment is not affected. You will receive your payment into your designated account within one working day (i.e. excluding weekends).

If you have received this error message, please first check your bank account to see if you have received the payment. If you have not received the payment by one working day from when you attempted to redeem the voucher, please contact
ebssaf-cc@energysecurity.gov.uk as soon as possible.

If you have already contacted
ebssaf-cc@energysecurity.gov.uk on this issue (before one working day has elapsed), please regard this email as a response to your query. We will follow up with you if you experience any further issues.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by receiving this error message.  We are working with our supplier to ensure all payments are made promptly so you can access your funds.

We are aware that people have experienced difficulties in redemption where their vouchers do not match the name on their bank account. Please can we remind continuous cruisers that the name details provided to the Trust for licencing need to match their bank account, and if this is not currently the case, that they should update the details the Trust hold urgently.

Voucher redemption explainer
For those unsure about the redemption process, you will find a
step-by-step guide online on how to redeem your voucher online. For any issues or assistance on voucher redemption not covered by this guide, please contact ebssaf-cc@energysecurity.gov.uk as soon as possible.

Fraud and scam prevention

The Department for Energy Security & Net Zero are aware that some individuals may have received a fraudulent email asking individuals to send their personal information via email, such as name, date of birth, bank account and card details to claim their energy bills support. If you receive a communication, allegedly from the government, asking you to provide your card, bank account, or other personal details, in order to receive the payment, it is a scam. There are currently no government energy affordability schemes running that require you to make an application. Please treat these emails as scams and do not respond.

Canal & River Trust

Not sure whether it's Paypoint or my bank making a mess of the website, but apparently I was supposed to ignore the "you may close this window" messsage that appeared after entering my details and wait to be redirected to a new page I had to click "OK" on. Money went in quickly after that

Why we can't just opt to receive them through bank details the government agencies have for us, I don't know...

19 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Not sure whether it's Paypoint or my bank making a mess of the website, but apparently I was supposed to ignore the "you may close this window" messsage that appeared after entering my details and wait to be redirected to a new page I had to click "OK" on. Money went in quickly after that

Why we can't just opt to receive them through bank details the government agencies have for us, I don't know...

Government agencies share your bank details?

I wouldn't feel comfortable with them sharing mine across different departments. For example, the Department of Work and Pensions sharing with the Department for Energy Security and Ground Zero.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ali.h said:

Good Morning-is it me being a bit slow but there doesn’t seem to be an option to pay it in to the Coop bank? Any one else had this ??😕

You're right, we had the same issue. I heard a rumour that they might add more banks to the list but I wouldn't rely on that personally. You should be able to collect in person but PayPoint locations don't always have enough cash to pay out, so I've heard.

We opted to set up a Monzo current account just for the purpose of receiving the money, then transferred it straight to our regular current account. It took about 30 mins to set up the Monzo account online, dead easy.

Edited by Ewan123

• 1 month later...
On 25/09/2023 at 21:02, Ewan123 said:

You're right, we had the same issue. I heard a rumour that they might add more banks to the list but I wouldn't rely on that personally. You should be able to collect in person but PayPoint locations don't always have enough cash to pay out, so I've heard.

We opted to set up a Monzo current account just for the purpose of receiving the money, then transferred it straight to our regular current account. It took about 30 mins to set up the Monzo account online, dead easy.

Thank you for the advice, we have just done the same. It was a really easy process for once.