Live abroad potential?

Leap of faith

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, IanD said:

Or with no well deck/cratch cover at all... 😉

Or who have tried pretty much all the possible boat layouts out over the years, and decided that a reverse layout (and a semi-trad stern) is best for them -- because different people have different preferences... 😉

but you have a reverse layout where the engine is behind the cabin

In the interest of levelling things up a bit.. I know Whilton are not liked on here, but we had a good experience with them... they are a great place to just look and not have any pressure selling. When we looked you had the keys to three boats at a time and could take your time looking at them...... (now ducks for cover!)....

52 minutes ago, Lady C said:

IanD your layout obviously has the main entrance at the rear of the boat, so it makes sense to have the bedroom at the bow.  So I think you have agreed with me.

It does indeed, and I was agreeing with you -- bow cabin with no front entrance as such, but with side doors as an emergency exit from the bedroom.

Before the predictable posts (again!) about how this is *terribly* dangerous, it was done with full knowledge of the tradeoffs, and it suits my needs... 😉

50 minutes ago, Tonka said:

but you have a reverse layout where the engine is behind the cabin

Indeed I do -- and it's not even a conventional diesel, modern or trad. Like I said, there are many different layouts that work well for different people, and they all have pros and cons... 🙂

Edited by IanD

1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

In the interest of levelling things up a bit.. I know Whilton are not liked on here, but we had a good experience with them... they are a great place to just look and not have any pressure selling. When we looked you had the keys to three boats at a time and could take your time looking at them...... (now ducks for cover!)....

Since viewers are allowed to see the boats unchaperoned, isn't it unfair on Whilton to blame them for unflushed toilets on the boats ???  Just wondering.

19 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Since viewers are allowed to see the boats unchaperoned, isn't it unfair on Whilton to blame them for unflushed toilets on the boats ???  Just wondering.

It happens in other marinas too. Also in show houses.