Pullman Dinnette Table mounting

Tickertywho

Featured Posts

Good morning all. I'm in the process of building a Pulman-style 'U' shaped Dinette, in our boat NB ''TickertyBoo'. I'm trying to find the type of mounting that actually mounts onto the cabin sides. As well as using the good old Desmo bases and legs. The mounting on the cabin sides is to give the table extra rigidity. For when leaning on the table. (Yes bad table etiquette I know). Can you advise please, and/or send me pictures of what you used?

It would be very much appreciated.  Happy cruising guys. 

Dave and Diane NB 'TickertyBoo'

1 hour ago, Tickertywho said:

Good morning all. I'm in the process of building a Pulman-style 'U' shaped Dinette, in our boat NB ''TickertyBoo'. I'm trying to find the type of mounting that actually mounts onto the cabin sides. As well as using the good old Desmo bases and legs. The mounting on the cabin sides is to give the table extra rigidity. For when leaning on the table. (Yes bad table etiquette I know). Can you advise please, and/or send me pictures of what you used?

Have a look at campervan table mounts.

https://camperinteriors.co.uk/products/lift-off-table-rail

I have a similar thing but in aluminium.

40 minutes ago, Peugeot 106 said:

I use a Lagun table mount. It swivels, is easily dismountable and indispensable. You can get two mounting brackets if you need to move it. One of my better buys I suggest you Google it.

That looks like an excellent site, I am going to replace my table with something modern, while still leaving the option for a fill in for the bed.

I'm not sure that a swivel is relevant as the table is fixed all along one edge, and one leg should be reasonably sturdy, though not stable enough for table dancing.

I just want a sturdy fixing at the cabin side edge, and maybe an angle cut off at the edges on the inner. A swish chrome or polished table leg which can be screwed in to the floor with no fuss. My current table is a hefty affair, it does not move being a double thickness table top. The mass and the wall batten it sits on gives it stability, 

I found some kitchen manufacturers who do a premium type of worktop with sealed edging, I hope to order table top, sink top, and two smaller table tops in order to modernise the interior, one problem being the twelve week wait, and the second being how they would cope with the boat! Salesmen will sell, but will fitters fit?

Edited by LadyG

I bought a second hand Formica table from eBay. I just used the top which I cut down to size. The old fashioned Formica looks really good. We take the table down every night (1 minute) to make the bed and then put it up for breakfast. It’s actually pretty strong and really handy ad you can just swing it out of the way. As with a lot of things it’s expensive but excellent quality. I actually bought a copy of the Lagun off Ebay which was a bit cheaper. It’s easy enough to fit you just mount the mounting bracket to something strong. I used a wedge shaped wood packer as it must be vertical to swing or your cornflakes will fall off 

4 hours ago, Tickertywho said:

One thing I would consider if fitting out my own boat would be a two seater dinette rather than a four seater, maybe wide enough for two children, just to remove that narrow look from the boat. This assumes only two people would be eating, and no one staying on board for more than a few nights. It also cuts down storage space, but that is not a problem unless you have a tank under the double bed.

Edited by LadyG

Simply take a section of hardwood say 50x38mm and as long as the table width. Saw it into two parts with a 60deg angle. Screw one part to the boat wall and the other to the underside of the table. The two pieces will lock together and be stable. To remove the table top simply lift off. Its technical name is a split batten fixing. Often used for pipe boxings that require ocassionally being removed with no visible fixings.