New waterpoint tap?

Chappo

Featured Posts

Where have you been? Been in use for years, also now on the Thames. Read recently that also used in the River Nene so only a matter of time before the EA fit them here on the Great Ouse.

It is intended to prevent water flowing back through the tap from the 'user' side, which may (perhaps) be unclean. If the device detects that the pressure on the tap side exceeds a set level it discharges the supply through the side holes. The use of them follows on from some fairly draconian rule making regarding what you can attach to a water company's supply. At least they avoided the attempt to ban all hosepipes as seemed to be on the cards at one point, I believe.

If the device you used was in working order then you need to see what in your hose is causing the pressure build up - perhaps you have your own valve on the end? Or the hose was twisted?

In my experience they generally work as intended but I have come across  a few that trigger at an unrealistically low level.