Air outlet duct

Roxylass

Featured Posts

I think the ducting was always a job for the installer, like fuel tanks and fuel and exhaust pipes.  So long as the engine is solid mounted a sheet metal duct is entirely feasible. Unless you have the kit (guillotine,   box folder etc.) for sheet metal work a canvas duct is likely to be easier to DIY.

N

I made one out of sheet metal, then when that fell apart used some ducting like the stuff tumble driers use. Had to make a plate for it to fit to the original lister engine thing.

With a cruiser stern the canvas one got soaked, sagged and rotted away, though I made another out of an Army &Navy stores canvas rucksack which lasted a while.

When I bought the boat it looked like the original had caught fire at some point!

6 hours ago, Roxylass said:

Did lister ever supply the air outlet ducting or just the oblong flange

Then you had to fit your own canvas or is it feasible to make a solid one 

Engine in question SR2

Can confirm that Lister only supplied the flange that was fitted to the engine. The rest would be customer supply. Suppose it makes sense as there are so many variations of installation.

13 hours ago, David Mack said:

Canvas or sheet metal?

Canvas - or some modern equivalent. She makes them with flanges to screw to the Lister air duct flange, or plain to fit onto a rectangular outlet (as found on T series engines, or modified S/H types)

Richard