A new boat for a fiver

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I see the boat is not built yet. image.thumb.png.f28e11bc399eda88586ca80b3ec1bd40.png

i would be a bit wary having a boat that was built in a month and a half, I would image there would be a few corners cut and a bit of shoddy work done to get a bespoke boat built and finished from the end of November, 

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

2 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

i would be a bit wary having a boat that was built in a month and a half, I would image there would be a few corners cut and a bit of shoddy work done to get a bespoke boat built and finished from the end of November, 

Especially given they've effectively already been paid for the work before even starting it.

It will feel to them as though they are building it for nothing, and they just need to get it out the way as fast as possible so they can get on with other work they'll get paid for once finished.

I hate to imagine what the snagging list after delivery will be like, and how THAT will be handled! 

41 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

I don't think it will be done in a month What Happens When I Win? The Custom Boat Build Experience! (marwoodmakes.com)

1 hour ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

From the pics i can see, the fitouts seem to be entirely of unfinished ply, so that must save some time if you're not having to paint or seal anything?

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

From the pics i can see, the fitouts seem to be entirely of unfinished ply, so that must save some time if you're not having to paint or seal anything?

Yes, but they say, the winners will have a choice wide or narrow and they have a few shell builders lined up to do the shell. So I doubt it will be ready for 6 month at least?
Yes I see in their build Gallery that they don’t even edge the ply, hardly luxury bespoke top of the line. Then again they probably cost less than half a £300K Narrowboat and are perfectly adequate for life on the canal and your average gongoozler will not be able to distinguish between the two😉

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I see the boat is not built yet. image.thumb.png.f28e11bc399eda88586ca80b3ec1bd40.png

If the winners were in a rush, Marwood Makes could always buy them a new boat off the shelf ready to go and still make £50K, see the link below for a brand new boat all ready. It would save so much time and effort and the raffle winners could have a nice new boat tomorrow.

https://www.nationwidenarrowboatsales.com/viewlisting2.php?id=561

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Ewan123 said:

Surely this description takes the biscuit:

Screenshot_20240119_084910_Lite.thumb.jpg.5864e5d703454cd36970c329be9701bc.jpg

Can they be done for being genuinely misleading?

You can even buy a ticket to win a tick for the draw by the look of it.  image.thumb.png.d910e0325e03faaad673cb38e2dbc96b.png

6 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

You can even buy a ticket to win a tick for the draw by the look of it.  image.thumb.png.d910e0325e03faaad673cb38e2dbc96b.png

Is that the same draw where they closed the competition two days early having sold all of the tickets - they also anoounced the Winner.

When was that 47% of tickets sold 'announced' ?  (your screen shot was today (19th Jan)

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Is that the same draw where they closed the competition two days early having sold all of the tickets - they also anoounced the Winner.

When was that 47% of tickets sold 'announced' ?  (your screen shot was today (19th Jan)

It was today and I think that is 47% of the 99p tickets to win the tickets for the main draw in April. I am not sure where the photos they post come from as they say its a 50ft Colecraft Hull in another post. I wonder if they know anything about boat fit outs or think its just a big camper van that floats. WIN a Customised Canal Boat! | SSL Conversions

image.thumb.png.ab6418036a7ce2bfeb3531ef7e18b34f.png