Insurance issue

Auspom

Featured Posts

Hello,

I am seeking help from narrowboat owners who live in Australia or oversea re insurance, as my current insurance company will not be renewing my narrowboat insurance as I am not a resident of the UK.

My enquires to other companies have had the same response, can anyone suggest any insurance companies that may be able to assist me?  

With thanks,

John

2 hours ago, Auspom said:

Hello,

I am seeking help from narrowboat owners who live in Australia or oversea re insurance, as my current insurance company will not be renewing my narrowboat insurance as I am not a resident of the UK.

My enquires to other companies have had the same response, can anyone suggest any insurance companies that may be able to assist me?  

With thanks,

John

Have you tried going direct to Lloyds of London, they should be able to help.

Australia Office

Suite 1603, Level 16
1 Macquarie Place
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia

Try Haven Knox Johnston (HKJ).

We are Dutch, live in the Netherlands and own a narrowboat in England. Last year I read on this forum that some insurers will not take on non-UK residents, I then asked a quote from HJK and GJW, both were happy to take us on. In the end we stayed with another company, who has been insuring our boat for the last 13 years. Last week they sent us a renewal for this year. When I asked online for a quote, HJK's computer system recognised my user-id as non-UK, and transferred me to the international section of their system, I got a message that they were doing so. 

The issue of refusing non-UK residents was brought up on this forum by an Australian , iirc last autumn, and later in Waterways World. They had a smalle article about this somewhere in the autumn. WW had contacted HJK, whom said they will insure boats of non-UK residents.

Good luck with your search

Helen

We have researched this issue and come up with no solution. Our boat is 80 years young, and we know that we will shortly have to make the choice between going back to  being Australian residents, and keeping the boat, but loosing our Aus  residence.

So our canal boat ownership  started in 1981 will end. Sad and un necessary.

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

We have researched this issue and come up with no solution. Our boat is 80 years young, and we know that we will shortly have to make the choice between going back to  being Australian residents, and keeping the boat, but loosing our Aus  residence.

So our canal boat ownership  started in 1981 will end. Sad and un necessary.

That seems strange since there was a successful result (GJW) to exactly this problem in the thread mentioned above, as well as HKJ. Did you ask one (or both) of these insurers for cover?