Advice on base plate pitting

signal32

Featured Posts

I have sold a couple of narrowboats, neither were immaculate but they were perfectly OK. I sold them privately. I could have sold them through Whilton or any other dealer. They would still have been perfectly OK . So far as pitting is concerned at the very least I would paint the shiny pits with a splodge of epoxy. The best treatment is sand / shot blasting, epoxy primer and 4 topcoats applied before the previous coating has cured totally. Somewhere in between will be what your budget will stand. It is a rare boat (Or a very recently built boat) that is without pits. 6mm is still a hefty piece of steel and many cruisers, sea going yachts and other boats are built with 4mm plate.

11 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Agreed, the Cafe is good value and really decent, honest, food - its a shame the same cannot be said about their'salesmen' 

But they have been going for 40 years. You cannot say that about other brokers.

ABNB is on its 4th or 5th owners

Rugby boat sales on its 2nd or 3rd owners

16 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

I note that you decline to give any indication of your competencies in your profile.

From what I’ve seen it makes no difference if you write “competencies in your profile”  If your talking about experiences with certain Brokers 15 years ago that has no relevance with current times, you can write whatever competencies you want, but times have changed and maybe your “competencies” are out of date.