Changes to moorings in Birmingham being considered by CRT

Tonka

Featured Posts

There have been times when there are mooring spaces and times when they have been hard to find.

Yet somewhere in this equation should be the hire boaters who stay is shorter than those who have their own boat.

3 hours ago, Heartland said:

There have been times when there are mooring spaces and times when they have been hard to find.

Yet somewhere in this equation should be the hire boaters who stay is shorter than those who have their own boat.

Brum’s really only a stop over for travelling to and from Tipton 

14 hours ago, Goliath said:

I guess what I meant was, when a mooring is reduced to 2 or 4 or whatever days, rather than 14 , then it’s a reduction in mooring. 

Yes the license fee is another issue but I couldn’t help but comment

in my email to CRT that they will readily increase the license fee while reduce our opportunities for mooring. 

and of course they were proposing using visitor moorings for a permanent ‘show boat’ which they may now rethink. 

Reduction in mooring: depends on what metric you use. Length if stay is only one, number of boats that can stop at all is another. The matter generally is of interest just because the different metrics can act counter to each other.

Brum’s really only a stop over for travelling to and from Tipton 

No it is to see Birmingham, get provisions have a meal and some good real ale. It is on the ring routes it is a useful point to stop, If you are a boater there is more time to plan and stop over

Goliath saw John yesterday at the NEC he sends regards

Timothy Taylors, Timothy Taylors, Doombar, Doombar

• Happy 1

9 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

That is about the only thing we don't do "in" Birmingham

I recently started using the Tesco Superstore at Brookfields. 
Very easy and direct walk. 15min from the Giraffe. 

This time around I might stock up from the butchers and fish markets down at the indoor markets before moving on. 

I found a good chippy at Ladywood which is a bonus.  

The good traditional pubs are becoming few and far between as development expands. There was a couple at Digbeth I was hoping to visit but they’re now closed. 

I see they’re doing something yet again with Victoria Square. 
And the Art Museum is having a revamp. 

I appreciate Brum a little bit more each time I visit.  Much of it is unrecognisable from when I was young. 
I find from my trading, the younger generation living in Brum are friendly and positive. I like it.