Foolhardy - 1st time Paddleboarder

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

I wonder if CR T have section 8'd any paddle boards yet... 🤣😂

All licence checkers to be issued with a pin onna stick, doubles as a litter picker when not deflating the hopes and dreams of the unlicensed paddle boarder ;) 

• Greenie 1

21 hours ago, Kiwidad said:

Same guy, and you are correct, the key is to drive safely and consider others. No racing allowed. He was weaving in and out in what was regarded as an unsafe and dangerous manner, talking all the time and looking at his passenger ( camera holder)

If he was doing that at 330kph then he's an idiot. I wonder if he knows the German police have used online videos like his to prosecute people for dangerous driving -- and the fines for doing this at high speeds can be *huge*...

• 3 months later...
On 22/12/2022 at 12:20, Sea Dog said:

Ferzakerly. Always be able to stop within the distance you can see to be clear springs to mind.

I have to gently nudge out at a T junction or transit a sharp bend very slowly as I can see in front of me, but not either side. I have to assume the boat travelling  in opposite direction is aware of this. I use my sound signals if I need to, as then no one can deny my presence. I prefer a whistle for swimmers, but ignore paddle boaters to some extent, proceeding slowly is the best option imho.