Barbridge Inn Accessibility

Beo

Featured Posts

I visited in March of this year - please take this with a pinch of salt as none of our party are wheelchair users - but I cannot remember any issues with steps and we moored right outside. we definitely entered through the front door so as far as I can remember you are able to access the road from the canal with no issues. 

• Greenie 1

If you are lucky you will be able to moor to their land if you arrive in good time. If you ring them they may even reserve a spot for you, but if you moor towpath side lik most do you have to get from the towpath up onto the bridge. How easy that would be with a wheelchair or getting back down I couldn't say, once on the bridge and road you are fine
Here is a shot of the access from the towpath to the bridge 

image.png.47269f68280c637cdae4a217e89d1352.png

Edited by ditchcrawler
Add photo

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Why not ask the landlord on the website or by telephone?  Answers from the horse's mouth are always the best.

Sadly, our experience is that establishment owners will happily assure us that there are no problems only for us to find out that: the lifts/cinema screen/restaurant are up a flight of stairs or that the bathroom in the accessible room has to have the door removed to make it accessible 😂On the other hand I have always received accurate advice on here 👍

3 hours ago, Beo said:

Thanks for the photo - looks a bit dodgy for a wheelchair! @ditchcrawler

Every time I've been there (which is quite a lot) I've been able to get on the pub moorings. There's space for quite a few boats. And people move off in the morning, so you can always moor opposite and move over when a gap appears.

22 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Every time I've been there (which is quite a lot) I've been able to get on the pub moorings. There's space for quite a few boats. And people move off in the morning, so you can always moor opposite and move over when a gap appears.

Not so sure about able to get on the pub  moorings. The last couple of times we were there two boats seem to be permanently moored there (one of which has a permanent mooring about 100 yards away). 
I think, but am not certain, that one of the aforementioned boats require wheelchair access, which is presumably why they moor there.

Edited by Derek Porteous