Dragon's Den

blackrose

Featured Posts

Did anyone see the Waterbuoy on DD this evening?

I want a few - I hate those horrible big corkballs.

Edited to say: I saw some floatation key rings at the London boat show last year, but they looked so flimsy they'd disintegrate in your pocket after about a week.

Edited by blackrose

Bought a key saver style device for the boat and put it on the ignition key. The first time that it rained more than a few spots the thing fired and is now spent. Unfortunately, haven't got room to put a cork ball on the ring as it fouls the morse style controller. Anyone got any bright ideas what else I could use in a (very) limited space?

Go to a good fishing tackle shop and see if you can get a thin pike "pencil type" float - some of them even have a little hole where you can attach a split ring or a clip - they are quite slim and very bouyant

Edited by Bazza2

I thought cork ball key rings weren't intended to save your keys from drowning but so you could ostentatiously plonk them down in South Coast yachty type pubs to show you are part of the boating fraternity show-off brigade.

Definitely, and they are weighed down by the ferrari leather fob.

I've got a picture keyring of my mk1 cavalier on mine, so the opportunist car thief doesn't even bother nicking the keys.

I have always taken the view that carrying around a huge bunch of boat keys is pointless and very risky, there could be and often is a very expensive splash.. Instead carry the one key which will get you into the boat and inside have a key rack for all the others, with all the keys clearly marked* they are taken away from the boat only when required.. Sorry if I am stating the obvious but very few people seem to do the obvious thing.

*One exception keys that give access to the boat should never be marked with the boat name for obvious reasons.

Definitely, and they are weighed down by the ferrari leather fob.

I've got a picture keyring of my mk1 cavalier on mine, so the opportunist car thief doesn't even bother nicking the keys.

no point mate,

you don't need keys to start a mk1 cavalier.

But thanks for advertising the fact.

I find a decent magnet on a rope or pole works well for getting keys back when u drop them in the water and the weight of the keys is basically irrevelant.

Not if they fall out of someone's pocket and it takes a finite amount of time to realise you need to stop the boat. :D