14 day rule suspended

noone

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, LadyG said:

14 day rule suspended to 4th April2001, provisionally, I think.

are the CRT just catching up now

If they are, they've got a while to go.

:D

Edited by Athy

So the crt website says "Boat licence terms & conditions regarding moving every 14 days will be suspended until the restrictions come to an end. If you have any questions, please contact your licence support officer."

But says nothing about being allowed to occupy time-restricted moorings for longer than the stated period.  So there's a load of boats on 2/7/14-day moorings (remembering that many (but not all) short-stay móorings revert to 14-days for winter) who should have shifted to elsewhere by now since it's only the 14-days in one place (neighbourhood) that's been suspended, not the local mooring place (boat-sized, or contiguous set of spaces)....

13 minutes ago, DaveP said:

So the crt website says "Boat licence terms & conditions regarding moving every 14 days will be suspended until the restrictions come to an end. If you have any questions, please contact your licence support officer."

But says nothing about being allowed to occupy time-restricted moorings for longer than the stated period.  So there's a load of boats on 2/7/14-day moorings (remembering that many (but not all) short-stay móorings revert to 14-days for winter) who should have shifted to elsewhere by now since it's only the 14-days in one place (neighbourhood) that's been suspended, not the local mooring place (boat-sized, or contiguous set of spaces)....

But isn't the time restricted mooring limit imposed through the terms and conditions? In which case any signed 14 day mooring or other short stay mooring which is 14 days during the winter will be suspended anyway by virtue of the general suspension. And only those shorter stay moorings which explicitly do not revert to 14 days in winter will now be enforceable.

I would say from what I've seen on the canals during the lockdowns that many boats are staying put on short stay moorings. Great Bedwyn vms were full all April as were Kintbury, some of which are 24h all year. I suppose moving for the purpose of complying with a short stay restriction could be seen as not permitted as it isn't essential and isn't given as an example of essential by CRT?

Movement should be limited to essential movement only. Moving on to a different boat-size mooring, when few should be moving at all, is hardly in the spirit of that, is it? Nor does it cause any issues with boats occupying those moorings, because few other boats should be moving and thus encountering mooring difficulties.

As long as you're not moored on a water point, lock landing (looking at you, CRT at Wardle Lock) or other patently stupid place, I don't see the problem.