Whaley Bridge dam news

PaulD

Featured Posts

That's nice, but does the general public know what a "bathtub weir" or "tumblebay weir" is? i know i don't.

using Google i could find an example locally of a tumblebay which seems to be a sloped channel leading to a sort of staircase, but have yet to find out what a "bathtub" arrangement is ?!?

Would it not be better to re-employ the guy on the ground to use the existing bypass weir like they did for many years without any problems?

I'll do it for 10 years at £1M per annum, they can keep the compound interest so it will cost less.

Would not need the cottage, just a long term free mooring under the dam, so they can keep the rent off that too.

Edited by Tracy D'arth
added more text
  • Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I'm guessing they've included the option through the War Memorial Park to ensure their preferred option through the sailing club car park gets approved.

I like cynicism, so greenied.

It's actually a better technical option, but understandably more sensitive.

The bathtub weir would have a larger runoff crest than the existing failed runoff did, and take a better flow path than the cheaper sailing club route.

So yeah, sailing club it will be, especially as it's CRT land leased to the sailing club ...