Looking for a Gas fitter (Coventry)

NbJune

Featured Posts

It has been a while since my last post! Hello all!

I am currently looking for someone to fit a gas boiler and install pipes from my gas locker. I have scanned older threads and contacted a people from the suggested links. I have no luck in finding anyone. Could one of you lovely people recommend a fitter, with the needed paperwork, to work on my boat? I have no gas installed and thus need a fair bit of work done. Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, WotEver said:

It’s beginning to look that way... anyone else need a hand to search the GSR?

I came up with the same list. As I stated earlier, I have not had any success in finding anyone! Thanks for checking...

Perhaps I could have been clearer to start with!

• Greenie 1

Just now, NbJune said:

I came up with the same list. As I stated earlier, I have not had any success in finding anyone! Thanks for checking...

It was obvious from your first post what you meant.

But not to some on here who like to look clever when somebody posts their first ever request for help.

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

But not to some on here who like to look clever when somebody posts their first ever request for help.

And where in the 1st post did the OP say he had contacted everyone on the GSR list and no one could help him ?

I suppose if you want to look clever you could invent something that the OP didn't say.

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

And where in the 1st post did the OP say he had contacted everyone on the GSR list and no one could help him ?

I suppose if you want to look clever you could invent something that the OP didn't say.

So where did you actually help Alan?

Yes I referenced the original post but your subsequent contribution was worthless along with Wotever's.

You seem reasonably bright but you knew exactly what I meant and still tried to look clever.

40 minutes ago, NbJune said:

I have a mooring in the city. I am able to travel too

It might be worth contacting the various marinas, there is Star Line Boats at Nuneaton and Spring Haven which are both within a days boating.  Also Ashby boats.

9 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

It might be worth contacting the various marinas, there is Star Line Boats at Nuneaton and Spring Haven which are both within a days boating.  Also Ashby boats.

Springwood Haven don’t have a GSR guy. I was moored there when I needed a bubble tester fitted and they suggested someone whose name I can’t recall. 

23 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Not to me it wasn’t, and still isn’t. 

27 minutes ago, NbJune said:

Perhaps I could have been clearer to start with!

Do you mean that you actually found all those GSR Boat engineers, contacted all of them, but none of them wanted the work?

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Not to me it wasn’t, and still isn’t. 

Like I said to Alan.

See both your subsequent post.

Try and be a bit more useful to a brand new poster asking for help.

I think (but could well be wrong, it was a long time ago) that the GSR guy I had normally worked with Ashby Boat Co. Or it might have been Rose... sorry, not much help here. 

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Like I said to Alan.

See both your subsequent post.

Try and be a bit more useful to a brand new poster asking for help.

How much more helpful could I have been than giving the OP a list of 7 or more Coventry based GSR engineers?

OP said they’d had no luck finding anyone. So I found a list of 7 or 8. OP didn’t say that they’d contacted everyone in the area, they said ‘no luck finding anyone’. 

Edited by WotEver

And armed with their postcode the GSR can be searched and both Ashby Canal Centre and Ashby Boats are listed.  Hopefully this link will show the search results https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/find-an-engineer/find-by-location/?ep=nbRNUQvfrt2xWhSjAK29qMG2g1%2bXuxXUxLD9wOJtyZ%2fAgsWEAI9YOHMkFWIzBwwpEv6zhZfjQf40bqQgjqXHHw%3d%3d

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

He said it in #3, rather than #1.

I think it was Mike who called you pedantic on more than one occasion :( 

12 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

He said it in #3, rather than #1.

I think it was Mike who called you pedantic on more than one occasion :( 

It looks as if the patients have taken over the hospital.

How can it be pedantic when I answered his question in post 1, with post 2, to which he replied in post 3 he had already tried that.

Am I supposed to be a mind reader ?

You have a history of not reading fully the sequence of events (although you do come back and apologise when you get it wrong) and this looks like another example.

I think I'll just leave this thread to run its course.

20 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

How can it be pedantic when I answered his question in post 1, with post 2, to which he replied in post 3 he had already tried that.

Am I supposed to be a mind reader ?

Because it was post #11 where you were being pedantic. No need for mind reading, you had had plenty of opportunity to read, and fully understand things.

You have a history of not reading fully the sequence of events (although you do come back and apologise when you get it wrong) and this looks like another example.

I will admit to not always reading every post in a very long thread, but this isnt one of them, and I have no need to apologise.

I think I'll just leave this thread to run its course.

You would have been better off doing that a while ago, but better late than never :(