517878 Amethyst

jamesinyk

Featured Posts

Quite disappointing to be driven into by an apparently expert boater when passing other boats at idle whilst approaching a queue of 4 other boats at a lock. 

I may just be an “amateur” hire boater but I would suggest being unable to progress slowly enough means you should stop. Perhaps permanently. 

5205A289-F398-458F-9EC2-7DDC89B8C77F.jpeg

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Rambling Boater said:

? God forbid Jamesinyk ever making a mistake  

You are not comparing like for like I'm afraid.

I would have actually said god forbid Amethyst's skipper making a simple mistake.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Picture was taken later. After hitting us, the wife got off and “helped” the 4 boats through the lock, giving helpful “advice” to everyone else. 

We all make mistakes. This wasn’t one of them. 

Incidentally, the wife also yelled “we can’t go that slowly, we keep having to go in reverse”.

3 minutes ago, jamesinyk said:

Picture was taken later. After hitting us, the wife got off and “helped” the 4 boats through the lock, giving helpful “advice” to everyone else. 

We all make mistakes. This wasn’t one of them. 

Incidentally, the wife also yelled “we can’t go that slowly, we keep having to go in reverse”.

As a matter of interest. What did you think there was to gain by posting this on here?

3 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

As a matter of interest. What did you think there was to gain by posting this on here?

I’m hoping the person is on here and would like to explain their thoughts. Hence clearly stating the boat, rather than just a random “some idiot upset me” rant. 

3 minutes ago, jamesinyk said:

I’m hoping the person is on here and would like to explain their thoughts. Hence clearly stating the boat, rather than just a random “some idiot upset me” rant. 

Not everybody who owns a narrowboat is on cwdf. By far.

So you are likely not going to get the result you want.

22 minutes ago, jamesinyk said:

C’est la vie. 

It is indeed.

But I still suspect your motives were more to name and shame a boater who possibly made a very simple error.

Hopefully when you make your next one (and you will because we all do) it isnt plastered all over the internet.

1 minute ago, jamesinyk said:

Please do explain how it was an error. Are you saying that having followed a boat past moored boats, it is then acceptable to sound the horn, drive into someone and yell at them that they are not going fast enough?

So you say.

That is your completely uncoroberated account however.

1 minute ago, jamesinyk said:

Please do explain how it was an error. Are you saying that having followed a boat past moored boats, it is then acceptable to sound the horn, drive into someone and yell at them that they are not going fast enough?

Why didn't you say that the first time?

BTW, we've had 2 boats ram us in 1 week whilst moored up. I can't remember how many years that last happened. No damage done, to the boat, so moved on  

1 minute ago, Jerra said:

Nice way to welcome a new poster virtually calling them a liar.     No wonder so many arrive and rapidly depart.

Thankyou for your opinion.

It has been carefully and duly filed in the section marked 'of no further interest'.

However I see all too often on social media accusations of poor driving/boating/dog waling etc etc etc etc.

I merely point out the shortfall in a one sided account of an incident posted.

Would you like to be the recipient of such an accusation?

Answer, no you wouldn't.

4 minutes ago, Rambling Boater said:

I was just thinking that maybe this forum needs new blood. :)

Too many old farts here.

Then I suggest you switch to Facebook/twitter/instagram.

They are even fuller of one sided versions of events because the accused will probably never ever know they have been accused of something.