cc .. sanitary etc CRT MAP

LadyG

Featured Posts

I have problems on the Chesterfield, it seems diesel and water and Elsan are not available at Retford, so I have to return to Clayworth, for water and cassette. there seems to be no turning point on the CRT map, though I can see one on the ground!

Water at Clayworth is warm, which is unsafe imho, and who decided to house Elsan and WC in same place!

I have sent an email advising CRT that the weir [Clayworth to Clarborough] plate is broken, so the canal is four inches lower than designed ... waiting for a response.

I am still waiting for response to two previous public health issues. Unreal.

Edited by LadyG

4 hours ago, LadyG said:

I have problems on the Chesterfield, it seems diesel and water and Elsan are not available at Retford, so I have to return to Clayworth, for water and cassette. there seems to be no turning point on the CRT map, though I can see one on the ground!

Water at Clayworth is warm, which is unsafe imho, and who decided to house Elsan and WC in same place!

I have sent an email advising CRT that the weir [Clayworth to Clarborough] plate is broken, so the canal is four inches lower than designed ... waiting for a response.

There are two winding holes between Clayworth and Retford,  Hayton which is full length and Clarborough that's 60' if you're careful. The level at the moment is normal,  it's a long pound between Gringley and Whitsunday locks with several  weirs that are poorly maintained. Why not carry on to Forest Locks for elsan and water?  Or try the water point at the Hop pole moorings, it might be a better temperature. 

If you're near Clarborough and desperate for water pm me, I can't help with the elsan though, sorry.

50 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

If you can find a way of making the water  direct from a tap cool in this weather you will become very rich! 

The pipes should be deeper, I don't know any other way.

3 hours ago, noddyboater said:

There are two winding holes between Clayworth and Retford,  Hayton which is full length and Clarborough that's 60' if you're careful. The level at the moment is normal,  it's a long pound between Gringley and Whitsunday locks with several  weirs that are poorly maintained. Why not carry on to Forest Locks for elsan and water?  Or try the water point at the Hop pole moorings, it might be a better temperature. 

If you're near Clarborough and desperate for water pm me, I can't help with the elsan though, sorry.

Brother brought me drinking water, so OK for now thanks, I put a bleach tablet in to tank to make it safe. I'll move on today, as advised, stopping at Retford for provisions and laundry.

Brother just happens to be a civil engineer, expert witness, speciality water, so his report on the weir is valid, but I suspect it has been damaged for years, so that is 'normal'. It's an easy fix, essentially the iron weir barrier ledge is not tight on the weir concrete outfall, so water is running under the weir barrier plate and not over the top as designed.

49 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The pipes should be deeper, I don't know any other way.

We are in a new build home with the pipes at the recommended depths as per the water authority specs. The water from the tap is still warm at the minute. Nothing they can do about it in this heat.

Our tap water at home  is cold enough, maybe not icy cold but acceptable.......... maybe the first few  seconds the water is run it is tepid from being warmed in pipes inside the house .

At the marina the tap water on the pontoons will be warm , sometimes very warm , until  it is run long enough to flush the water that has been in the pipe on the pontoon.

14 hours ago, LadyG said:

I expect they will close the tap, sani station and toilet if they are not up to your standard.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I expect they will close the tap, sani station and toilet if they are not up to your standard.

I have applied for the post of CRT Public Health Guru, all expenses paid, Senior Management Status and my own parking space at Milton Keynes.

3 hours ago, MartynG said:

LadyG will be passing close to our house on her way up the canal. Perhaps she can call in and let the site lads know that they are not doing a sufficient job of keeping our water cold during this heat wave :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

LadyG will be passing close to our house on her way up the canal. Perhaps she can call in and let the site lads know that they are not doing a sufficient job of keeping our water cold during this heat wave :rolleyes:

The Marina (Old slate dock) is over 1000 'steps' from end to end and the water pipe is laying on the surface, it goes up one side and back down the other side and we are half-way down the second leg (so about 1500 steps, getting on for a mile ?) from the supply. The water is at 'having a warm / hottish shower' temperature even after completely washing the boat down and filling the tank.

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

C&RT suggest that CCing and holding a 'fixed location' job are not mutually compatible.

I have no intention of ever using the parking space, it's just to remind folks that I am a Big Wheel.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The Marina (Old slate dock) is over 1000 'steps' from end to end and the water pipe is laying on the surface, it goes up one side and back down the other side and we are half-way down the second leg (so about 1500 steps, getting on for a mile ?) from the supply. The water is at 'having a warm / hottish shower' temperature even after completely washing the boat down and filling the tank.

You are not thinking out the box any more [age related] .............. take your Cat up North, pick up  a growler about 20 N and tow it back to the marina.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20180918-the-outrageous-plan-to-haul-icebergs-to-africa

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

it's just to remind folks that I am a Big Wheel.

Are you from Falkirk?

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

, pick up  a growler about 20 N and tow it back to the marina.

Why would anyone want to tow a pork pie?