Tiger Cub Stove

umpire111

Featured Posts

After seeing this stove at Crick last year had one fitted into my boat. Bit surprised with the number of pipe segments required as per the photo. Has anyone else got one and did they have the same issues with the pipe segments?

68A16AAA-1242-48E2-B5DD-5AF200DE8E3A.jpeg

At the risk of offending you that is ugly. Who installed it? Who specified the flue parts and was it what you agreed to? To me it looks like a collection of parts out of an odds and sods bin. It's easy to say but if no resolution I would scrap it and start again. (flue not stove)  

Just now, Slim said:

At the risk of offending you that is ugly. Who installed it? Who specified the flue parts and was it what you agreed to? To me it looks like a collection of parts out of an odds and sods bin. It's easy to say but if no resolution I would scrap it and start again. (flue not stove)  

Am told this was the only method of fitting the insulated glue. I would welcome views of anyone who has this particulate stove

The stove is not the problem, it's the insulated flue. These are recommended, but not mandatory. A plain flue made from steel tube, cut and welded to give the appropriate angles, would look much better, and put out more heat into the boat.

1 hour ago, umpire111 said:

After seeing this stove at Crick last year had one fitted into my boat. Bit surprised with the number of pipe segments required as per the photo. Has anyone else got one and did they have the same issues with the pipe segments?

68A16AAA-1242-48E2-B5DD-5AF200DE8E3A.jpeg

Double insulated flues are a nonsense on boats but hey ho. Must say thats a VERY shiney clean boat, do you ever use it? :D

Sorry I have to agree. That flue completely spoils the look of what looks like a very nice smart interior.

The cooler outer wall of a twin walled flue does help avoid burns if you touch it accidentally, particularly when negotiating the cabin steps but you normally only do this once!

Im afraid I would be changing it too.

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Im afraid I would be changing it too.

And me. I have to say that is the ugliest flue I’ve ever seen on a boat. A single skin with two bends would look 1000% better.