Transport Recommendation

carlberry64

Featured Posts

Looking for someone who can pick a boat up from Catforth Preston and transport it by trailer to Rufford Ormskirk.

There are Slipways at both ends.

Photo of cruiser attached.

It's a 23 foot

Cheers

IMG_20190713_140443.jpg

Edited by carlberry64
Forgot size
  • Greenie 1

It's a long trip for Tony Tugboats for a short journey round the Ribble.  There's a guy called Gary Lancaster who does small boat transport in that area, I don't have his details but I'm sure Preston Marina or Bridgehouse marina will have.

Why not just take it through the Ribble link though?  It's free, and an easy trip for a little Freeman.

2 hours ago, Neil2 said:

It's a long trip for Tony Tugboats for a short journey round the Ribble.  There's a guy called Gary Lancaster who does small boat transport in that area, I don't have his details but I'm sure Preston Marina or Bridgehouse marina will have.

Why not just take it through the Ribble link though?  It's free, and an easy trip for a little Freeman.

Gary Lancaster
Tel 07850 911816

He's a good bloke, but didn't have the capability to shift my Nauticus.  He'll be fine with that one though.

I'd take it by water too though, as long as you trust the engine.

20 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I'd take it by water too though, as long as you trust the engine.

I may be wrong, but I'm reading this as a new owner who either doesn't have the time or doesn't yet have the experience to trust himself.

Just now, Sea Dog said:

I may be wrong, but I'm reading this as a new owner who either doesn't have the time or doesn't yet have the experience to trust himself.

Fair comment.  If that's the case @carlberry64, there are a few locals who will take the boat across the Ribble for you.  Ask CRT Wigan or Preston Marina for contact details.

Just bought a little cruiser,and although it's got a new engine I  had it trailered home.The trip would have been on the Trent,and never having "done"it and on a strange unproven boat I had it transported by Alan Pease.He is based in Goole e Yorks.

Booked through Shiply the cost from Sileby Mill to Huddersfield was £275 including Shiply's £50 and slipping charge was £20 and £25.

He arrived at the arranged time and retrieved ,transported and slipped it in most efficiently using his own trailer.

It may be cheaper to contact him direct rather than go through Shiply.

His number is  01405 768435.

3 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

Just bought a little cruiser,and although it's got a new engine I  had it trailered home.The trip would have been on the Trent,and never having "done"it and on a strange unproven boat I had it transported by Alan Pease.He is based in Goole e Yorks.

Booked through Shiply the cost from Sileby Mill to Huddersfield was £275 including Shiply's £50 and slipping charge was £20 and £25.

He arrived at the arranged time and retrieved ,transported and slipped it in most efficiently using his own trailer.

It may be cheaper to contact him direct rather than go through Shiply.

His number is  01405 768435.

Bloody good price innitt.