Leeds - Granery Wharf

Opener

Featured Posts

Is anyone in Leeds at the moment? (Insert sarcastic comment here!!). I'm heading there for a birthday meet up but now read CRT notice about canoes and people milling around the Wharf at the weekend. Am I going to get moored? Cheers guys.

Yes next weekend is the Leeds Waterfront Festival. There will be singing and dancing. Fishing and canoeing, rock wall climbing, loads and loads of children and adults all milling around and generally having lots of fun assuming it doesn't rain.

We hope to be stopping in Leeds in August. That’s assuming the Leeds Liverpool if fully open from Wigan. I hope you have a good time there, please do post a few photos if you get a chance.  

On 25/06/2019 at 12:05, Opener said:

Is anyone in Leeds at the moment? (Insert sarcastic comment here!!). I'm heading there for a birthday meet up but now read CRT notice about canoes and people milling around the Wharf at the weekend. Am I going to get moored? Cheers guys.

Well you did say the "weekend." It isn't the weekend yet. There will be people and kids and CRT staff and volunteers. Hundreds of people, hopefully but on Saturday and Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Opener said:

Granery Wharf 48hrs on pontoons (rise and fall) and longer (?) on the stony bits.

We always reckon Granary Wharf is 14 days everywhere except the signposted 48 hr jetties.  There are no signs suggesting anything different, and no one has ever complained to us.

The water taxi down to Leeds Dock is great too - and free, which we consider a good price!

4 hours ago, Opener said:

Limited replies says it all. Arrived lunchtime to find two boats above river lock and Granery deserted. Feels a bit lonely so far!

A few of us will be there on Sunday with the L&LC Society stand. Colin will be putting up the gazebo about 9-30am, and would probably like a hand if you are around. I will be arriving about 10 by train as things don't usually get going until late morning.

Just now, Pluto said:

A few of us will be there on Sunday with the L&LC Society stand. Colin will be putting up the gazebo about 9-30am, and would probably like a hand if you are around. I will be arriving about 10 by train as things don't usually get going until late morning.

I'm coming by train as well from Selby. I should be there by 9.30. Hopefully the CRT guys and girls will have got our stuff up. I'll wander over and see if he needs a hand.