Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Sally Grim

Atherstone - "children" throwing water balloons

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, carlt said:

<<Trying to be outraged>>

 

<<Failing>>

Well, Carl. They were aiming for and hitting my head. To an elderly or otherwise frail person that could potentially be dangerous. 

 

  • Greenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps it's because I was young once...many many years ago so I don't get upset at kids having harmless fun at my expense. 

Waterbombs are pretty harmless...

  • Greenie 1
  • Unimpressed 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carlt said:

Perhaps it's because I was young once...many many years ago so I don't get upset at kids having harmless fun at my expense. 

Waterbombs are pretty harmless...

Depends what's in them...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yellowback said:

Depends what's in them...... 

Indeed. 

I think the OP would have mentioned anything more noxious than water though. 

Someone on a day boat once threw an almost full bottle of wine at me which I deftly caught. 

Turned out to be a rather nice Chablis. 

  • Greenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope it was canal water, and not mixed with anything else. But I didn't care to try and taste it. 

 

But you try to be hit in the head with a kilo or so of water, thrown from 8-10 feet above you. My head and neck stille hurts.

It's not very fun on the receiving end. 

  • Greenie 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate you may feel aggrieved but there are worse things that can be thrown from bridges and it may ache a bit now but it will feel better soon. 

 

I recommend Chablis as a reliable anaesthetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sally Grim said:

I sure hope it was canal water, and not mixed with anything else. But I didn't care to try and taste it. 

 

But you try to be hit in the head with a kilo or so of water, thrown from 8-10 feet above you. My head and neck stille hurts.

It's not very fun on the receiving end. 

Thanks for the info...sadly some people believe that such brats are entitled to cause harm & distress to others. Maybe phoning it in on 101 would be helpful.....might stop them progressing to using rocks. 

  • Greenie 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boater Sam said:

Awe. don't spoil there fun, its not their fault but the parents.

Why should they progress to rocks?

Waterbombs are a gateway projectile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sally Grim said:

Take care - children are throwing water balloons or similar from bridge 39.

Reported as a duplicate posting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carlt said:

Waterbombs are a gateway projectile. 

So what’s acceptable to throw at others in your view.....If I launch an ice cube back at them is that acceptable??...it’s only frozen water after all.....

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, frangar said:

So what’s acceptable to throw at others in your view.....If I launch an ice cube back at them is that acceptable??...it’s only frozen water after all.....

 

 

See... You can be childish too..if you try really hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carlt said:

See... You can be childish too..if you try really hard. 

No...I’m prepared to defend myself & my property. Ice cubes are good cos they hurt when fired from a catapult & don’t leave any evidence.....

Edited by frangar
  • Horror 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, frangar said:

No...I’m prepared to defend myself & my property. Ice cubes are good cos they hurt when fired from a catapult & don’t leave any evidence.....

Do you make round ones, they fly straighter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, frangar said:

No...I’m prepared to defend myself & my property. 

From a bit of water... 

 

"MAN THE BARRICADES!!" 

Edited by carlt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, frangar said:

 Ice cubes are good cos they hurt when fired from a catapult & don’t leave any evidence.....

How sad that you advocate violence in response to kids mucking about with harmless toys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we were trip boating the owners once had the lack of foresight to book the local young conservatives and young labour on the same night, on each boat. As the two wide boats passed  on denham straight , there was a hail of brown ale bottles from one boat and wine from the other..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roland elsdon said:

there was a hail of brown ale bottles from one boat and wine from the other..

I never had the young tories down as brown ale drinkers. 

 

Socialists only drink champagne you know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, carlt said:

How sad that you advocate violence in response to kids mucking about with harmless toys. 

I guess we have very different outlooks on “mucking about” & “harmless”....

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, frangar said:

I guess we have very different outlooks on “mucking about” & “harmless”....

Indeed. 

Waterbombs soft and squidgy... Ice in a catapult deadly. 

One is mucking about the other disproportionate violence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.