Atherstone - "children" throwing water balloons

Sally Grim

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, catweasel said:

Don't forget the obligatory flat cap and whippet hound ;)

<not sure if joking>

I was going to make a post regarding this but it didn't seem that interesting on second thoughts, so I'll put it here: I'm really enjoying the broad accents as I slowly get further north and the different local greetings. I mean I have heard them before, mostly on the TV though to be honest.

Can't understand a bloody word but they sound great!

A couple of Geordies went past yesterday and said something. I'm not sure but it could have been "cheer up you miserable bastard" (no doubt a common joke used as a greeting in their local area).

Edited by eid
  • Happy 1

2 hours ago, catweasel said:

I got a chunk of housebrick dropped on me in Blackburn a few years back and it landed right in my pint mug of tea. That was war, I can tell you.

Coming from Yorkshire I like my tea so strong that the brick would have just bounced off. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, eid said:

<not sure if joking>

I was going to make a post regarding this but it didn't seem that interesting on second thoughts, so I'll put it here: I'm really enjoying the broad accents as I slowly get further north and the different local greetings. I mean I have heard them before, mostly on the TV though to be honest.

Can't understand a bloody word but they sound great!

A couple of Geordies went past yesterday and said something. I'm not sure but it could have been "cheer up you miserable bastard" (no doubt a common joke used as a greeting in their local area).

:) The broad accents are so variable. Being close to Wigan I can easily understand people in Wigan (well most of the time,) but if I go to say Blackburn or a bit further, can struggle. 
Many of my mates are/were scousers, so no probs. with the Liverpool accent, or Manchester where I once worked.