Mini Rig - Mega Loud

Wanted

Featured Posts

I'm not connected to the company however have been aware of these little portable speakers for a while, mine turned up today and let me tell you it rocks. The sound is really good, incredibly loud and it has an amazing battery life. (60 hours at normal volume!)

A bit pricey but for a non assuming little device it packs a punch, and it's all made in the UK!

http://minirigs.co.uk/

I'm not connected to the company however have been aware of these little portable speakers for a while, mine turned up today and let me tell you it rocks. The sound is really good, incredibly loud and it has an amazing battery life. (60 hours at normal volume!)

A bit pricey but for a non assuming little device it packs a punch, and it's all made in the UK!

http://minirigs.co.uk/

My son has one. Quite incredible for such a tiny thing.

Can this be charged without linking to a USB thing? IE plugged into a 12 0r 240 socket? Also would it work with a guitar plugged into it? As these questions suggest im not a techy person.

Cheers,

Ian.

You can charge anything that has a USB charging socket from 12 or 240 volts using a usb charger such as these:

uk-usb-charger.jpg

Lader.JPG

Can this be charged without linking to a USB thing? IE plugged into a 12 0r 240 socket? Also would it work with a guitar plugged into it? As these questions suggest im not a techy person.

Cheers,

Ian.

As Carl says, charge via adaptor, not sure about how a guitar would perform over a period of time, but if you don't rinse it it may be ok, they have a built in limiter to stop it peaking.

There is probably a forum somewhere all about them!

Yes, but its a shame its still got wires, bluetooth connection would improve it as a product I think :)

I'd be interested to hear what is lost over blue tooth, I personally think the simplicity of this beast is what makes it So good..

) Not sure the battery lasts 60 hours though...

•Battery life 60 hours* (low listening level)

•9 hours** (maximum listening level)

) Not sure the battery lasts 60 hours though...

•Battery life 60 hours* (low listening level)

•9 hours** (maximum listening level)

edited for stereo post

Edited by matty40s

The reason that I discovered these is because my friends who live pretty much off grid in trucks and trailers use them. I think they are perfect for the power conscious amongst us and are really tough as well.

I'll stop gushing soon but I do love a good product, especially loud ones!

They are amazing and well worth the price in my view. The battery seems to last forever but in practice I reckon I get a day and a bit out of it which is more than enough.

Bluetooth was considered by the guy who designed it but was discounted due to power draw and sound quality and also they wanted to give the ability to daisy chain minirigs together for more volume which apparently wouldn't have been possible.

There is a minisub(woofer) coming out before the summer as well which will fill out the bass.

They are amazing and well worth the price in my view. The battery seems to last forever but in practice I reckon I get a day and a bit out of it which is more than enough.

Bluetooth was considered by the guy who designed it but was discounted due to power draw and sound quality and also they wanted to give the ability to daisy chain minirigs together for more volume which apparently wouldn't have been possible.

There is a minisub(woofer) coming out before the summer as well which will fill out the bass.

I'm saving for the sub now. :)

I have one of the ones featured in the above ebay link. It's great - pretty loud (though it says 400w on it haha) and sound quality is acceptable (I work in audio occasionally so I'm picky). If you switch the tone circuit in though it sounds awful.

• 7 months later...

The sub is now out in (typically very) limited numbers. I have one sitting next to me and it looks great. Can't wait to get back to the boat and give it a go......

If you want to pick one up I suggest having the minirig twitter feed open in a browser and being quick!

Yep, I got the heads up but unfortunately CRT are having all my dosh this month, let me know how it sounds! (As if I couldn't guess)

:cheers:

It sounds great and has the same fantastic build quality and battery life (it's basically the same as three minirigs stacked on top of each other). It does an excellent job of filling out those bass frequencies and I think it's likely to replace my little hifi for day to day use as it's vastly more efficient.

As a side note I've started using the minirig on its own as a security measure - I leave it playing off the boat wifi phone while we're out for the night. That plus a couple of our LED dome lights on make it sound and look like someone's at home. Works well and the only drain on the battery is a few watts from the lights.