Mooring in Leamington Spa

Speedwell

Featured Posts

Not really! The canal passes through the arse end of Leamington! Best to stop either below Radford lock or wait until Warwick. The moorings by the 2 pubs/ retail park are fine for lunch or shopping, but too noisy for overnight IMO although probably safe.

There is not much in the way of mooring in Lem, and what there is is in bad area. I would not stop there overnight, but lots do of course. When coming from Napton we always stop before Radford road bridge 35, there is a long length of good piling there. Coming the other way stop above Cape locks.

We found the long pound through Leamington very lumpy and needed dredging, Got in for the supermarkets but agree with John6767 Radford road bridge or Cape of Good Hope. We phoned ahead last year and got a couple of nights in the Saltisford Arm just below Hatton and had a couple of days in Warwick. Highly recommended.

We stopped at b43 a few days ago as we heard good things about The Moorings pub restaurant.

Spot was fine, mooring rings, no noise and the food was very very good ( in a trendy pricey way but being city folk that's normal! :) )

We stopped at b43 a few days ago as we heard good things about The Moorings pub restaurant.

Spot was fine, mooring rings, no noise and the food was very very good ( in a trendy pricey way but being city folk that's normal! :) )

Yes the Moorings is now a sister pub to the Stag at Offchurch (a moderate walk up the lane from Radford bottom lock). This latter is our favourite pub on the system for a posh meal and has the best lighting of any pub /restaurant I've been to (can't be doing with light in my face nor too dark to read the menu!). Its a little pricy but excellent service and food, you get what you pay for, good for a treat. Not been to the Moorings in its new incarnation yet but I'm sure it will be as good. Edited by nicknorman