Springer - Cabin Light Switch

Fozzi in Lancashire

Featured Posts

Hi Everyone, Hope you've all had a good Xmas. Been trying for a while to find a cabin light switch. The Springer I have, has four small rectangular

light units with a push on/off switch to operate the light. One of the push switches, the plastic piece inside has broken, hence the switch no longer

works. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement switch please? It's only a small piece wired in, next to the strip light and should be easy to

fit another one. Better still, if there is a full light unit out there, that would be great.

On a different note I've also been trying to find a white plastic light cover for the stern light which is fixed to the stern rail. No joy on ebay for either

of the above. Just wondered if there's any Springer spares about somewhere or a spares website?

Thanks everyone, look forward to hearing from you. Cheers. Fozzi

Parts for springer will have been sourced by who ever fitted it out, there is no such thing as a spares catalogue.

many companies making ‘leisure products’ at the time it was built will have been killed by cheap chinese imports.

its best fit or modern replacements unless you are really lucky.

ebay is the only source often

i cant get the light units for my 2006 vw camper anymore, so have had to replace with modern led. Your springer is way older and bespoke.

48 minutes ago, Fozzi in Lancashire said:

Hi Everyone, Hope you've all had a good Xmas. Been trying for a while to find a cabin light switch. The Springer I have, has four small rectangular

light units with a push on/off switch to operate the light. One of the push switches, the plastic piece inside has broken, hence the switch no longer

works. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement switch please? It's only a small piece wired in, next to the strip light and should be easy to

fit another one. Better still, if there is a full light unit out there, that would be great.

On a different note I've also been trying to find a white plastic light cover for the stern light which is fixed to the stern rail. No joy on ebay for either

of the above. Just wondered if there's any Springer spares about somewhere or a spares website?

Use something like this 10amp switch with a pattress ?      https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Architrave-Lightswitch-1-Gang/p/712932

51 minutes ago, Fozzi in Lancashire said:

May have what you are looking for,any makers named or model numbers on unit????

On 26/12/2018 at 20:58, roland elsdon said:

Parts for springer will have been sourced by who ever fitted it out, there is no such thing as a spares catalogue.

Yes, stop looking for Springer spares and you may have more luck. The boat builder is fairly irrelevant when it comes to the equipment onboard. If you really can't find the exact switch for the existing cabin light you might want to consider a new light.

I have a 2000 Gary Gorton boat and have changed the lights at least twice since buying it in 2011.

All the light fittings I’ve bought have had integral switches. I’ve fitted LED bulbs to the latest set.

So.... I would suggest buying a new light fitting from a boat, camper van, or caravan shop, in which case, the world is your Oyster :) 

• 1 month later...
On 28/12/2018 at 10:52, Richard10002 said:

I have a 2000 Gary Gorton boat and have changed the lights at least twice since buying it in 2011.

All the light fittings I’ve bought have had integral switches. I’ve fitted LED bulbs to the latest set.

So.... I would suggest buying a new light fitting from a boat, camper van, or caravan shop, in which case, the world is your Oyster :) 

Shouldn't that be "lobster'?????