Shower mixer bar

Kendorr

Featured Posts

Does it matter if the shower hose is connected to the top or the bottom of the bar?

Looking at my plumbing, to have the hot and cold into the correct sides, the fitting for the hose is on the top. All the pictures I've seen show the hose coming out of the bottom. Does anyone know if this is just aesthetics with the pipe going down first?

I haven't fitted it properly yet, so will have the time to change the position of the pipes if I have to.

Thanks folks.

10 minutes ago, Kendorr said:

Does it matter if the shower hose is connected to the top or the bottom of the bar?

Looking at my plumbing, to have the hot and cold into the correct sides, the fitting for the hose is on the top. All the pictures I've seen show the hose coming out of the bottom. Does anyone know if this is just aesthetics with the pipe going down first?

I haven't fitted it properly yet, so will have the time to change the position of the pipes if I have to.

Thanks folks.

I think it does matter, but I cannot remember why.

When installing our shower I had to 'cross over' the H&C pipes to get them on the 'right side'

IMG_20160131_132721.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Ours was fitted with the connection on the top, I found out that I couldn't drain all the water out of the fitting and it failed during the winter. We had the fitting replaced and fitted the other way up so when the hose is removed it drains now.