Help identify this part?

Nick D

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, MJG said:

That's a slightly different issue though. I was responding to a post about sending data from a connection.

Not really because if I post a giant picture you will use up loads of data doenloading it before you realise it is soooooo big.  So we should all use compressed pictures unless there is a good reason not to.

3 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

if I post a giant picture you will use up loads of data doenloading it before you realise it is soooooo big...

... and you didn’t want to see it anyway... ;)

1 hour ago, Chewbacka said:

Not really because if I post a giant picture you will use up loads of data doenloading it before you realise it is soooooo big.  So we should all use compressed pictures unless there is a good reason not to.

Won't bother me bud I'm on the end of an unlimited Virgin media cable connection most of the time.

I think the file size limit is set at 2mb anyway, if your connection can't cope with that then perhaps you should consider whether you can really afford the internet. ?

Besides lots of people seem to struggle with the concept of uploading pictures here, expecting them to work out how to compress them before they upload them would I suspect be a bridge too far.

Edited by MJG

30 minutes ago, MJG said:

Won't bother me bud I'm on the end of an unlimited Virgin media cable connection most of the time.

I think the file size limit is set at 2mb anyway, if your connection can't cope with that then perhaps you should consider whether you can really afford the internet. ?

Besides lots of people seem to struggle with the concept of uploading pictures here, expecting them to work out how to compress them before they upload them would I suspect be a bridge too far.

We are not all on a land line all the time

7 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

We are not all on a land line all the time

Gerraway!

Neither am I 'all the time'.

Perhaps the site owner should enforce a lower file size limit then? To cope with your steam powered internet connections, that would solve it at a stroke. 

1 hour ago, MJG said:

How condescending.

1 hour ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

How condescending.

Lighten up mac, I was being deliberately so.

But my point is valid, if the forum owner thinks it's an issue for boaters he should actually reduce the max. image size that can be uploaded. Untill then I will just keep below that limit. As I suspect lots of others will too without fretting about reducing them further in size.

Edited by MJG