2018 - Small Puter?

rusty69

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Ebay with aerial 130 quid. I knicked the idea off @Dr Bob

Yep, I've had mine 18 months now (bought new at vast price) but NEVER been without a 4G signal including all the normal black holes.

I use a Macbook (great) for image processing, an Ipad and a cheap chinese android phone. If Apple got shot of I tunes I would consider it great. Unfortunately they havent so it isnt.

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

How would you know - does Mrs Rusty have iTunes?

She has an ipod thingy. It hasn't been used for some time due to frustration getting music on/off it compared to other mp3 music players.Things may have improved since I last used it. Perhaps I should have said "its sucked" last time I used it:)

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

It sucks

If I have a proper computer.....ie a PC running windows, I have a load of music or video files that I can see and copy to other devices. How  the **** do you do or see these on Apple? Itunes takes over and seems to be the conduit to manage/play/share etc these files. 5 years ago I bought a macbook to do image processing and it is great for that but managing files like mp3's etc and sharing them to your other devices (like ipads/iphones) means you rely on Apple's rules/proceedures rather than the flexibility of the non apple route.

Just now, Tumshie said:

When you say in it do you mean from places other than iTunes and off it it other devices?

Yes.I think so...yes its now coming back to me.....no....no, the horror.where has my Sansa clip gone.Long discarded with the advent of smartphones.All is forgiven. Noooooooooo itunes........

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

If I have a proper computer.....ie a PC running windows, I have a load of music or video files that I can see and copy to other devices. How  the **** do you do or see these on Apple? Itunes takes over and seems to be the conduit to manage/play/share etc these files. 5 years ago I bought a macbook to do image processing and it is great for that but managing files like mp3's etc and sharing them to your other devices (like ipads/iphones) means you rely on Apple's rules/proceedures rather than the flexibility of the non apple route.

Exactly, and what i meant to type!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I personally have gone the way of the Apple and I won't be going back. 

I've never had an android anything, before my Apple conversation I was all Blackberry tablets and phones - Fruity. :D

My daughter was the same, had apple for years, swore she would never ever change and then she was seduced by Mr Huawei.

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I see - I rarely move those sorts of files.

I have moved stuff off of other devices on to my Mac but I never then want to move them off again. 

7 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I fell out with iTunes when I imported a load of CDs onto my PC using it and it somehow managed to jumble a load of song titles in the process, thus I ended up with a load of mis titled tracks.

Edited by MJG