Announcements replies

Featured Posts

WELL.  I've made a bit of progress here.  It's not my computer(s) or operating system(s).  It's me (and Sea Dog).  I just signed out and re-signed in under an alter ego I created some years ago for quiz setting purposes.  And my alias can reply in 'Announcements'.  So it's probably somewhere in my profile or settings, perhaps alterable by me, or perhaps only by the heid techmod.  Any (helpful) suggestions?

14 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

WELL.  I've made a bit of progress here.  It's not my computer(s) or operating system(s).  It's me (and Sea Dog).  I just signed out and re-signed in under an alter ego I created some years ago for quiz setting purposes.  And my alias can reply in 'Announcements'.  So it's probably somewhere in my profile or settings, perhaps alterable by me, or perhaps only by the heid techmod.  Any (helpful) suggestions?

Yes: Rich M's your man. He (and possibly he alone) understands how all this works.

13 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

It might be down to how many ducks you own?

....and will Van Dyke be the next one? Somehow I cant see Liverpool getting there either...... I think they will focus on Europe and go out to Everton in the 3rd round.

If you had  got him in the summer I suspect you' be much closer to city.

He won't stay long.  Either the two Manchesters or Barcelona/Madrid will come calling.

But pleas we could do with around 70mill. 

Next season you will come for lemina. 

Anyway as you were.

• Happy 1

On 15/12/2017 at 22:53, Mac of Cygnet said:

Can I ask how people are able to reply to Goliath's 'Freeloaders' topic in Announcements?   I see no way of replying, no quote button or reply box.  Tried on laptop and tablet, using IE and Chrome.  Is it only possible to reply using the mobile version?

19 hours ago, Athy said:

You could invest in a small table, then you wouldn't need to put your glass down on a pallet.

I tried a pint of Doombar about 2 years ago. It tasted of nothing at all. About a year later I thought "Nah, I must have been unlucky" an dtried another pint of it in a different pub. It tasted of nothing at all.

I sometimes drank HSB in the 1980s and it was nothing but fine: High Speed Bitter, I called it. Perhaps Gale's have been taken over by Interslop or another of those faceless corporations.

Gales have been bought by Fullers. Fullers then sold off the brewery to a developer who demolished it for housing. Only the tower remains as it's a listed building. HSB is now brewed in London with obviously different water, consequently is now rubbiish. Fullers also sold off a lot of the Gales tied pubs and turned the remaining ones into gastro pubs.

Can I ask how people are able to reply to Goliath's 'Freeloaders' topic in Announcements?   I see no way of replying, no quote button or reply box.  Tried on laptop and tablet, using IE and Chrome.  Is it only possible to reply using the mobile version?

Working fine for me on PC running  Chrome & XP.  

Working fine for me on PC running  Chrome & XP. 

3 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

Gales have been bought by Fullers. Fullers then sold off the brewery to a developer who demolished it for housing. Only the tower remains as it's a listed building. HSB is now brewed in London with obviously different water, consequently is now rubbiish. Fullers also sold off a lot of the Gales tied pubs and turned the remaining ones into gastro pubs.

What a sad story, especially as Fuller's used to be thought of as one of the Good Guys in the brewing world. Still, I suppose that they had to move with the times, realising that a clientele of six farrrmers and a sheepdog wasn't a profitable business model for a country pub.

On 12/15/2017 at 22:53, Mac of Cygnet said:

I think I have fixed this, please try again and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Rich

20 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Did Rich sell you a duck?

No - apparently such sales are currently banned because of a deadly avian flu epidemic. 

Instead, I was making a little medal on a red ribbon that said "Rich fixed it for me", but my missus pointed out that a once-popular similar medal had rather gone rapidly out of fashion a few years ago.