3 HomeFi mobile broadband

blackrose

Featured Posts

20 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Mine was literally plug and play with no probs at all. I also bought the router from Solwise but I dont think that is important - the antenna should work with the '3' box as long as it has 2 anntenna inputs. Only thing to check is the frequency that '3' are using fits the antenna - I think different networks use different frequencies but this may be a load of b*****ks.  I think  that antenna covers all of the frequencies. Check the details on the Solwise site. Any 4G router should work with any sim.

I have my antenna on a pole which is in the 'up' position when  moored and then lying flat on the roof when cruising - and the antenna picks up signals very well even when flat on the roof. I do like EE but they are significantly more expensive than '3' at the moment.

This is very true, and some of the cheaper antenna don't do the higher frequencies which are used a lot by ee (and therefore Virgin etc).  So if buying an antenna it should cover all, these being for ee - 800MHz (4G), 1800MHz (2G & 4G), 2100MHz (3G), 2600MHz (4G)

Note that 3 does not use 2600MHz, so if your antenna does not cover 2600MHz it will work fine with 3 but if you then swap to ee you will probably be disappointed as they often use 2600MHz.

9 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

This is very true, and some of the cheaper antenna don't do the higher frequencies which are used a lot by ee (and therefore Virgin etc).  So if buying an antenna it should cover all, these being for ee - 800MHz (4G), 1800MHz (2G & 4G), 2100MHz (3G), 2600MHz (4G)

Note that 3 does not use 2600MHz, so if your antenna does not cover 2600MHz it will work fine with 3 but if you then swap to ee you will probably be disappointed as they often use 2600MHz.

I knew ther was a good reason for buying that antenna. 

23 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

How much did you say it costs, or does that include the unit

Capture.JPG

This offer, of 100Gb for £27 a month is for phones not Homefi. The Phone offer gives 100Gb data a month, but you can only use 30Gb of it when tethering.

i couldn’t find the 100Gb Homefi offer advertised online. The online Homefi advert states 40Gb for £30 per month. It is only by going into a Three store and asking that you can get  the 100Gb Per month Homefi deal.

Even then, they might say you can’t have it if you live in the “wrong” postcode. I had to be quite persistent to get it with a Manchester postcode.