Freelance work for live-aboards

rivershine

Featured Posts

Just now, LadyG said:

I watch every youtube vlog about NBs and some good sailing vlogs, and to be honest, the best ones [UK] have media experience [BBC or other], the standard is really high nowadays.  Cooking on the Corsican is one I watch, he has about 160 subscribers, compared to zillions on US sites featuring scantily clad ladies sunbathing and swimming in the Caribbean. If you already have been on TV then fine, but otherwise you may struggle, imho these are light entertainment rather than instructional videos..

The Narrowboat Experience sell paintings, they both work full time.

It will take a long time to build up a big audience, some of whom will send $$$ via Patreon..

Yeah, I mean, I wonder what the figures actually are for youtube vlogs per, say, 10,000 subscribers per calendar month. It can't be big. Does it work only on the watching of the adverts at the beginning of vids? (which always annoy me intensely anyway).

12 minutes ago, rivershine said:

Yeah, I mean, I wonder what the figures actually are for youtube vlogs per, say, 10,000 subscribers per calendar month. It can't be big. Does it work only on the watching of the adverts at the beginning of vids? (which always annoy me intensely anyway).

It varies a lot, but once subscribed you can get notification of new vlogs, I unsubscribe from those which are of limited interest, but some you have to watch all vlogs to get the picture. I use adblocker, so don't "pay"

https://www.youtube.com/user/gonewiththewynns They really work hard , I mean its a full time job for them. 155K subscribers.

I might send them a few bucks, just helps to oil the wheels. its their main income stream.

Edited by LadyG

To make money on clicks from advertising on YouTube from Google Adsense is very difficult, I had 90,000 views on a recent video on mine and still growing but the money on that isn't anything to shout about but the business I get from it brings in a lot of private work for me.

It takes over a year to build up too, but never say never you just have to have the right content x

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

It is already happening - prices have escalated tremendously in the last 12 months (I'd  guess by probably 20%-25%), this is however not the main problem.

Decent boats are selling within days (or even hours) of being listed, and the remaining 'scrap' boats are now attracting interest as 'projects' for folks who are looking for cheap living.

There has been stories of 'low priced' boats purchased and sinking en-route to their new moorings in London.

I mean, I hear you but I still see plenty of reasonable looking boats around that I recall looking at online about 2 weeks ago at least. I haven't been to see them I must admit (and if 40k+ is considered a "reasonable boat")