Eberspacher

Featured Posts

I can't believe, from an engineering point of view, that the unit is designed to exhaust fumes into an enclosed area. The dangers are exactly as you experienced. Imagine if you had gone to bed and had started up the Eberspacher to give some warmth. You wouldn't be waking up again.

My Webasto has a simple exhaust - all the fumes go to a skin fitting, through the hull, and to the outside world. No fumes end up in the bilge area.

Chris

Just got Justin's answerphone so left him a message.

I'd have thought binding the exhaust pipe with some sort of tape would solve the problem, but I don't know if that'd be dangerous?

:)

Couldn't you use the tape designed for repairs to car exhausts? Something like this*

*Bearing in mind that I know very little about this sort of thing.

Edited by adam1uk

Hmm... new problem.

The Eberspacher had been running for half an hour or so when the heavens opened bigtime! So I closed the hatch to save the engine et al getting drowned. The exhaust pipe work fine however it has holes in it which allow quite a lot of the exhaust fumes into the stern bilge area. Justin told us they're designed that way so we didn't think any more of it,.

Just for info, our Erbespacher exhaust does not feed fumes into the engine compartment, just through the skin fitting to the outside air. Have been in engine compartment doing engine maintenance whilst the Erby is running without being able to detect any fumes at all.

Peter F.

Couldn't you use the tape designed for repairs to car exhausts? Something like this**Bearing in mind that I know very little about this sort of thing.
:lol: Bearing in mind I know even less - never having owned a car I didn't know that kind of thing exsisted! Sounds like a good solution.What do the rest of you lovely people reckon? Car exhaust tape stuff?
Just for info, our Erbespacher exhaust does not feed fumes into the engine compartment, just through the skin fitting to the outside air. Have been in engine compartment doing engine maintenance whilst the Erby is running without being able to detect any fumes at all.Peter F.
Thanks. Good to know that the loss of a few hundred brain cells through carbon monoxide poisoning doesn't come as standard with most Eberspacher models, then?! :)

The car exhaust kit would work but it depends how many holes you have and how bad the existing pipe is.

When you start to clean the pipe ready for the repair you may be surprised how far the damage/rust goes, it would probably be best to replace the whole pipe.

The car exhaust kit would work but it depends how many holes you have and how bad the existing pipe is.

When you start to clean the pipe ready for the repair you may be surprised how far the damage/rust goes, it would probably be best to replace the whole pipe.

Oh bloomin' 'eck. I just want some heating on the boat!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :):lol::D

Have you thought about heating the canal? It would probably be simpler.

I can't heat anything at the moment - at least not without carbon monoxide poisoning. :)

I think "Eberspacher" and I instantly think of another couple of words... that rhyme with "bucket" I feel like fixing the b*stard with gaffer tape. But maybe car exhaust tape would be wiser. :rolleyes:

Can't I just trundle down to Halfords, buy some car exhaust tape stuff and tape the thing up? Do I really have to pull it all apart and look for bits of rust? :lol::D:D:D:D

Thank the lawdy lawd I'm meeting up with Keeping Up and Bones tonight for a mini banterette - I need soothing beer and talk of taxidermy to take my mind off it.