Dunchurch pools marina coming along

Bewildered

Featured Posts

On 15/07/2017 at 22:34, Mike the Boilerman said:

A couple of points about this.

1) There are plenty of boaters about who make a right fist of turning and hit the concrete banking. I fully sympathise with marina owners getting fed up with this, hence the signs.

2) The majority of ordinary boaters feel a pressure to comply with signs just as they feel a pressure to comply with the licence T&Cs, even though might know neither are enforceable.

3) If you conduct the turn efficiently and neatly, I doubt the marina would realise or even notice you are reversing back out of their entrance in time to run down to the entrance and remonstrate with you before you are off and on your way back up down the cut.

That was three!

:)

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

One of them *may* have been invalid!

I reckon it was number 3.

Do I get a prize if I´m right?

I believe the good folks at Barby would never miss the opportunity to have a go at any boater even thinking of turning.

On 25/08/2017 at 23:23, Lily Rose said:

I reckon it was number 3.

Do I get a prize if I´m right?

I believe the good folks at Barby would never miss the opportunity to have a go at any boater even thinking of turning.

1) Nope

2) Nope

3) Now you've said it, I'm gonna have to test that out!

Simple response if turning in crt water and abused by marina owner .  " until you started shouting  I was coming in to discuss a twenty year mooring agreement paid up front ,but for some strange reason I'll take my enquiry elsewhere"

i believe many marinas are obliged( they were in the past) to offer winding as part of their licence and connection deal