Marina Fees and when it goes wrong

pads

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

A marina i was in had no waste facilities, you took it away, i used to do a tip run once a week with bin bags in my boot.

But then you were not supposed to be residential at that marina.

AND the Council provided [tip] waste disposal facilities for Ratepayers.

As a  non ratepayer you should pay diectly for waste disposal, and  NOT expect the ratepayer to subsidise you. If you had a business, this is what you would have to do.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The reason they may be defined as scroungers, is that they want the benefits provided by the Government. and the Council, [which cost is considerable],  they are delibertely keepng their heads under the radar in order to avoid CT

I would imagine that you were in a cheapish marina, so you cannot expect to have lots of faciities. The more expensive marinas will have more faciities.

Obviously the marina did not have pp for residential moorings.

Not really, it was the same price as some marinas in the area where you can live full time.

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

AND the Council provided [tip] waste disposal facilities for Ratepayers.

As a  non ratepayer you should pay diectly for waste disposal, and  NOT expect the ratepayer to subsidise you. If you had a business, this is what you would have to do.

Bigger things to worry about than my two black bin bags each week....

2 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

Not really, it was the same price as some marinas in the area where you can live full time.

If you want to avoid paying CT, then you pretend not to be resident, if you prefer to pay CT, you get a residential mooring. Do you not see, that you are being subsidised by those who stick to the rules?

Whether you like it or not, the rules are there, its the same as the cc who protest that they are expected to move every so often, even though they agreed to the contract before they started..

Edited by LadyG

Just now, LadyG said:

If you want to avoid paying CT, then you pretend not to be resident, if you prefer to pay CT, you get a residential mooring. Do you not see, that you are being subsidised by those who stick to the rules?

What about constant cruiser?

10 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

Bigger things to worry about than my two black bin bags each week....

you have bigger things to worry about, or they don't enforce payment of CT for the years you have been resident in their County, without paying CT?

Did you drive on a public road, or use ANY of the facilities they provide, like street lighting, leisure facilities, environmental services, etc etc. You are scrounging if you decide that your cost is the disposal of two black bags per week, therefore you will not pay CT, even though you are legally bound to do so, therefore you won't pay.

Edited by LadyG

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

you have bigger things to worry about, or they don't enforce payment of CT for the years you have been resident in their County, without paying CT?

I dont have much to worry about...

I got away with not paying council tax for one year, do i feel guilty, nope not in the slightest.

Now i CC i dont pay it, should i contact each council when i enter there districts and announce i am here, please send me a bill for the weeks i will be present?

9 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

They dont pay council tax, they have rubbish to get rid off?

They pay the C&RT to remove rubbish, to dispose of toilet contents,  and provide clean water.

The LAW states they can cc if they abide by the rules, so they are not doing anything illegal as long as they stick to the rules, which are enshrined in LAW.

12 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

I got away with not paying council tax for one year, do i feel guilty, nope not in the slightest.

Now i CC i dont pay it, should i contact each council when i enter there districts and announce i am here, please send me a bill for the weeks i will be present?

You got away with it, fine, you don't feel guilty.  I canbelievethat.

If the council decide to take you to court for avoidance will you protest your innocence, or plead guilty? 

A lot of people think that it is clever to avoid  social responsibiliies, but you are rather stupid using your real name on here. 

Some people consider that they don't need to bother about shoplifting or burglary, because , after all "its insured"

Its just a matter of degree.

Edited by LadyG

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

You got away with it, fine, you don't feel guilty,.

A lot of people think that it is clever to avoid  social responsibiliies, but you are rather stupid using your real name on here. 

Some people consider that they don't need to bother about shoplifting or burglary, because , after all "its insured"

Its just a matter of degree.

Yes it is.

24 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And -

They send their kids to school

They call the Police when they are burglarised

They walk on pavements under street lights

etc etc -

'scroungers'....................

Well, you see, C&RT quite cleary state that cc is not suitable for people with regular jobs or school age children. 

David Payne was trying to say that he only costs the council two black bags of unsorted rubbish per week, and therefore he does not need to pay CT, ie he elects to avoid it on those grounds.

Edited by LadyG

24 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

Yet another case where some boaters get hot under the collar because CRT don't do everything exactly by the law and yet think it is OK if they don't stick to the letter of the law.

N>B>  I am not saying you personally are one who harps on about CRT and the law but many boaters have the attitude I outline above.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You are making that up  C&RT don't say that at all - do they !!

its on their website.

See  below 

Well, you see, C&RT quite clearly state that cc is not suitable for people with regular jobs or school age children ... 

I think that is clear, see below

Continuous cruising

If you have no ties (such as jobs, which tie you to one place or children at school), you can opt to cruise the canals non-stop, never staying at the same place for more than a fortnight. If you can't do this, then you'll need to have a home mooring before buying your licence." [UNQUOTE]

Edited by LadyG

13 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Well, you see, C&RT quite cleary state that cc is not suitable for people with regular jobs or school age children. 

David Payne was trying to say that he only costs the council two black bags of unsorted rubbish per week, and therefore he does not need to pay CT, ie he elects to avoid it on those grounds.

Its Dave Payne.

Jut in case the local council are reading and want to track me down for 12 months CT.

Used to pay for my own poo to be sucked away also, not got one of those silly camping loos.

1 minute ago, Dave Payne said:

Its Dave Payne.

Jut in case the local council are reading and want to track me down for 12 months CT.

Used to pay for my own poo to be sucked away also, not got one of those silly camping loos.

Over the years, the LA will clamp down on residents who avoid CT, easy to do that, just fine the marina.

you will see that marinas who currently charge more for residents than for non residenta already have those records, its only  a matter of time.

The C&RT have done it, so now we have folks patrolling the canals looking for dodgers, not nice, but a direct result of large numbers of people who contracted to be cc, then stayed in one locality. 

12 minutes ago, LadyG said:

its on their website.

See  below 

Which is different to your original statement.

You may wish to read :

We're today (13 February), outlining our plans to provide greater clarity to those boaters who have stated that they will ‘continuously cruise’, but then don’t move their boat far enough or often enough to meet the our published ‘Guidance for Boaters without a Home Mooring’ – our understanding of the requirements set out in the BW Act 1995.

Where they clearly outline 'unacceptable reasons for non-movement'

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Whether you like it or not, the rules are there, its the same as the cc who protest that thy are expected to move every so often, even thouh the greed to the contract before they started..

Excuse me. When have I EVER complained about being required to regularly move?

I find your comment pretty bloody insulting.

You and your assumptions. You know feck all about canal boating.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Which is different to your original statement.

You may wish to read :

We're today (13 February), outlining our plans to provide greater clarity to those boaters who have stated that they will ‘continuously cruise’, but then don’t move their boat far enough or often enough to meet the our published ‘Guidance for Boaters without a Home Mooring’ – our understanding of the requirements set out in the BW Act 1995.

Where they clearly outline 'unacceptable reasons for non-movement'

I think you are obfuscating.

My meaning was clear. The C&RT statement is clear.

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Excuse me. When have I EVER complained about being required to regularly move?

I find your comment pretty bloody insulting.

You and your assumptions. You know feck all about canal boating.

MTB I was not talking to you. I do not know why you decided to post on this thread. 

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh really? I'm a CCer. 

My opinion of you and your prejudices has not changed. 

Where did I say you were a scrounging cc person, I think you should get a grip, best thing is to take a chill pill.

I don't think I said any particular cc was a scrounger, [ I am sure there are stats which state that the proportion of cc folks who claim benefits are about the same as the national average]. 

Perhaps I need to clarify: my definition of a scrounger, is someone who can pay for things but decides not to just becuse they can get away with it, or who decides that others should pay for their benefits because it is too much bother to work for a living.

Edited by LadyG