Victron

Boater Ry

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Boater Ry said:

I have a question about Victron battery monitors. Came back to the boat to find no numbers/screen blank....on the Victron monitor.  I know the mains power was off for a while.  Anyone tell me what's wrong?

Check fuses

Check that there is power to the Victron battery monitor unit as above. If there is, then it may be that damp has affected the LCD display screen, causing it to go silver all over, with no black numbers. If the boat has been left unheated this is possible. Removing the unit and placing it in a warm airing cupboard for a couple of days can get the screen working again. Placing it in a sealed bag with some uncooked rice to act as a dessicant can also work.

Jen

If it was neither of the above instances I have had a question about this. In the case of the question it seemed that a remote display shut down but I was not told if the main combi-unit also shut down. Later I read that a Sterling unit shut down on some kind of alarm and will not reset itself unless turned off and on again. It would not surprise me if loads of brands use the same chipset so I advised that the owner check with Victron because this may be a feature. No feedback so far.

26 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

If it was neither of the above instances I have had a question about this. In the case of the question it seemed that a remote display shut down but I was not told if the main combi-unit also shut down. Later I read that a Sterling unit shut down on some kind of alarm and will not reset itself unless turned off and on again. It would not surprise me if loads of brands use the same chipset so I advised that the owner check with Victron because this may be a feature. No feedback so far.

In our case the combi had shut down.