Reliance Engineering

Featured Posts

Was it not Measham Boats and or Barry Hawkins but alas we have not answered the op's question.

Don't think so. Measham Boats operated from two locations in the vicinity of the Ashby Canal. Barry Hawkins was (and I think the firm still is) halfway down the Atherstone flight, at Baddesley Wharf.

No, we haven't answered the O.P.'s question but at least yours has been answered!

"Reliance Marine" seems to be a name recorded as the builder of a number of boats, but not "Reliance Engineeing", as such.

Neither is mentioned by Graham Booth in the long list of builders he details in "The Inland Boat Owners Book".

It's not a name I would associate with Glascote, but who knows (!)

Don't think so. Measham Boats operated from two locations in the vicinity of the Ashby Canal. Barry Hawkins was (and I think the firm still is) halfway down the Atherstone flight, at Baddesley Wharf.

No, we haven't answered the O.P.'s question but at least yours has been answered!

Sorry but I actually meant Harveys which I am sure used to be at Glascote for a short time

"Reliance Marine" seems to be a name recorded as the builder of a number of boats, but not "Reliance Engineeing", as such.

Neither is mentioned by Graham Booth in the long list of builders he details in "The Inland Boat Owners Book".

It's not a name I would associate with Glascote, but who knows (!)

Thanks for this... I'll see if I can find a copy of the book.