Permit holders only

Jennifer McM

Featured Posts

You on your way back?

Come and see our new Armco!blush.png

Your bit was done before we left, have they done our bit as well now???

Stoppage on Woolhampton lock on 7 Nov so must be get beyond this before then, don't want to be stuck on the Kennet over winter.

Possible winter plan is to go straight to the Western End for November and December (with a brief stop at the Waterfront), then back up the flight before the January stoppages to spend Jan Feb and March on the long pound with frequent visits to the new armco.

..............Dave

These are displayed at Ansty and outside the marina at Bosworth, but i never see any boats there, i do wonder if they are no longer needed, did send a tweet to CRT about Ansty but never got a reply.

I just moor on them and if anyone comes along and needs the spot then i am prepared to move.

Since the opening of the marina, the long-term moorings on the Hinckley side of the road bridge have been redesignated Visitor Moorings

Since the opening of the marina, the long-term moorings on the Hinckley side of the road bridge have been redesignated Visitor Moorings

I couldn't work out where the ones the other side of the road ended, Long term mooring sign at one end but couldn't see the other. Not many boats moored there when we passed.

How was Hatton?

Richard

It was brilliant! Met David and his good lady who helped us down the locks, very quickly we got a sort of system going. We got to the bottom lock and the heavens opened, we all got drowned!

It was a quick mooring and a retreat into the cabin for a change of clothes! A couple of whisky Macs were very welcome :)

Had a coffee with the ladies in the café before we descended.

Sobering to see flowers at one of the lock gates!

Thank you David for your help! :)

Dave Payne, post #4, makes a very valid point. There are zones posted as Permit Holders or Long Term moorings only all over the country that look deserted. If you search for them in Waterside Moorings they don't seem to exist so why not leave the rings and take the signs away?

There are mooring rings on the offside by The Big Lock on the Trent & Mersey, together with Permit Holders Only signs. I moor up there from time to time, but I've never seen any 'permanent' moored there.

It's handy for the pub, but there's a lot of dog s*^t in the grass.

T.

Edited by Retardedrocker

I couldn't work out where the ones the other side of the road ended, Long term mooring sign at one end but couldn't see the other. Not many boats moored there when we passed.

I think, might be wrong that the old long term moorings went from the sign on the northern side of the bridge back past the marina entrance then stopped at the water point, then after the water point was a visitor mooring....

They really should remove the old sign now though.

There are mooring rings on the offside by The Big Lock on the Trent & Mersey, together with Permit Holders Only signs. I moor up there from time to time, but I've never seen any 'permanent' moored there.

It's handy for the pub, but there's a lot of dog s*^t in the grass.

T.

Last there were quite a few boats moored there and it looked like a friendly community of boaters. This year there was nobody, dunno what happened.

............Dave